Ricky Gervais is depressing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Gervais is depressing...

So, I just watched the Extras - Christmas Special. And it was horrible. 90 minutes of sheer despair before the obligatory catharctic happy ending. Just like The Office Christmas Special. Honestly, I don't think Ricky Gervais is a really happy bloke. He's like Ingmar Bergman without the humour. Every character in The Office and Extras is stupid, selfish and/or mean. I don't need to see people on the screen acting lost and ****ed up. I live that life myself and I don't see anything even remotely funny about it. I'm almost 40 and I have accomplished **** all in my life. I haven't had a girlfriend in ages, I have very few friends and no job or even a ****ing clue to what I'm going to do with the rest of my pathetic life.

Really, I don't know why I bother to watch his stuff. It always gets me extremely depressed and frustrated...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Ricky gervais can be funny but IMO not nearly often enough to be worthy of the pedestal he has been put on.

Zoid you live in the promised land for women, right? honeys as far as the eye can see
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

If you want a feel good Christmas special watch Bad Santa.

Comment

Bad santa was extremly funny I thought
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Re: Ricky Gervais is ****ing depressing...

Originally posted by Zoid
          So, I just watched the Extras - Christmas Special. And it was horrible. 90 minutes of sheer despair before the obligatory catharctic happy ending. Just like The Office Christmas Special. Honestly, I don't think Ricky Gervais is a really happy bloke. He's like Ingmar Bergman without the humour. Every character in The Office and Extras is stupid, selfish and/or mean. I don't need to see people on the screen acting lost and ****ed up. I live that life myself and I don't see anything even remotely funny about it. I'm almost 40 and I have accomplished **** all in my life. I haven't had a girlfriend in ages, I have very few friends and no job or even a ****ing clue to what I'm going to do with the rest of my pathetic life.

Really, I don't know why I bother to watch his stuff. It always gets me extremely depressed and frustrated...
          I dunno, if I'm feeling all depressed and alone nothing makes it worse than seeing movies about happy people for whom everything goes well.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well, he's British... you expect him to be happy?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thankfully I did not see this show.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Your loss. Extras was a fabulous show
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ricky is definitely not worth of the hype, horrible stand up, average acting, but sometimes excellent writing. He is a great writer, but constantly lets you down in other stuff, perhaps because he is such a great writer.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                  X