• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turks invade Iraq

Only 300 troops...

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

300? That doesn't even count as a halfass attempt.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This is Sparta!
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It was only a matter of time. I bet some wise ass general chose that number on purpose.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They aren't invading, they are just going for a walk.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Wezil, "outwitted the Iraqi border guards by walking in backwards, claiming they were leaving." This is unbelieveable!

Interesting point Patroklos, but I doubt it crossed the Turks minds.

Sloww, it's a start, they crossed that line.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Wezil, "outwitted the Iraqi border guards by walking in backwards, claiming they were leaving." This is unbelieveable!
              Iraqi's are US trained these days, no?

Comment

Yes,but we hadn't gotten to that part yet.

Comment

Turkey anyhow has legitimate claim on half of ME... they were in the former incarnation the rulers of the whole of Iraq, and it is a better choice than Iran or Syria for the US I believe... will be interesting to see if anything comes out of this...

edit: I am waiting for the thread titled Iran invades Iraq
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Iran has been invading Iraq right along.

Comment

Turkey invades Iraq? Don't they know it's already been invaded?
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                        It was only a matter of time. I bet some wise ass general chose that number on purpose.
                        Turkish Ambassador: We have no choice but to move on the rebels.

US Representative: Invade? No way! We can't let you do that!

TA: No...no. We must stop these terrorist.

USR: But we can't let you invade!

TA: So what would constitute an invasion in your eyes?

USR: I don't know...using four or five hundred troops even would probably cause a major ****storm!

TA: ahhh....
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Iraqi's are US trained these days, no?
                          Which might explain leaky borders...

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Remember, this is all the Democrats fault for voting on that ridiculous resolution.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

With the PKK crossing into Turkey to carry out terrorist attacks and murder Turkish citizens, it was only a matter of time for something like this to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X