Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"twunt"

I had to look it up.

It's meaning is pretty much as it sounds.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
      Indirectly, but the restaurants generate those kitchen scraps on your behalf.
      Has a date been set for the sense-of-humour transplant?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        I clicked on teh smiley, but nothing happened.

Comment

Yes, I plan on doing some wickedly major composting, probably in about 35 years' time.

Comment

The city dump already composts most green waste and give away the processed mulch & compost for free. Why would I bother? Besides garbage disposal can handle most unwanted kitch scraps and all of the waste water goes to a processing plant where a series of settlers and bacteria digesters generate natural gas which is used to run an electrical co-generation plant. I'd say the stuff gets used pretty well without any extra work by me.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

its of course silly to say "everyone" Most uses of "everyone" "no one" "every" "none" "all" etc end up being silly, cause there are always exceptions.'

I would point out, that here in the USA, at least, there are lots of people who have room to compost who are by no means affluent. I suspect thats true in the UK as well, outside of Greater London.

I admire San Diego, but I suspect most municipalities here arent that progressive. Even if they are, I wonder if many people go to the bother of going to the dump to get compost.

Ive started a compost pile this year, for the first time ever, BTW
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
              X