W00t, w00t is word of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W00t, w00t is word of the year

I really must protest. Hopefully I spelled the "word" above correctly. Seems like all these words of the year are words that will never be used in 10 years time. Very flashy and trendy.

Ain't that the truthiness.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

w00t!

Isn't it pretty old already?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

i like how they explain stuff about the internet to their web audience.

"see, w00t was made popular because we're communicating electronically. even now, you are reading this site electronically, see? w00t is a combination of numbers because some people use l33t speak, cause they are elite"

and then comparing l33t speak to a movie from 1990 is so... ugh...

Comment

If I ever heard some say woot in real life, I would be sorely tempted to slap them.

(I would love to hear some net nerd try to pronouce 'teh')
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

teh w00t

Comment

no no NO NO NO!

word of the year is obviously

Monkey!!!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Hardcore Online Game Enthusiasts would only make fun off the noobs that voted in that poll, and MSNBC for finally achieving "hipness" circa 1994.

That is... they would if they weren't so busy pwning noobs in game and knew such things existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                  If I ever heard some say woot in real life, I would be sorely tempted to slap them.

I have caught myself saying 'lol' out loud (not on purpose mind you).

Luckily, you can somewhat get away with it in Dutch.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: W00t, w00t is word of the year

Originally posted by morons allowed to write and edit articles
                    For technophobes, the word also is familiar from the 1990 movie "Pretty Woman," in which Julia Roberts startles her date's upper-crust friends with a hearty "Woot, woot, woot!" at a polo match.
                    That was woofing with the fist pump as seen in the Arsenio Hall Show. Whoever wrote the article should be fired. Out of a howitzer. Into an active volcano.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

@ Coldwizard
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela

"tear"

I think I occasionally say "doubleyou tee eff" and yes... "lol"

Of course it's retarded to say lol and not laugh simultaneously .

Comment

toow !
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Will w00t be the first word in the W section of the dictionary? Numbers come before letters....

Comment

wOOp?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X