No announcement yet.

The end of Discworld...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps Asimov's work was recorded in some fashion?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But surely if he had read this recorded work by Asimov, he knew of Asimov?

Comment

Yes, but Year(Asimov's Death) < Year (Vesayen hearing of Asimov)...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Shouldn't this be, "I ain't ded"
          He's not a witch, so the other spelling is appropriate.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The great thing about recorded things is that you can access them now, later, never, whenever!
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen Oh lord, why do you take all my favorite authors away from me?
              Because God hates you.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Be careful everybody, or Lefty will give you a level 3 warning level as a MODERATOR ACTION!

oops wrong website, sorry

Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This from the AMA's website:

Current studies are researching how stem cells may be used to prevent or cure diseases and injuries such as Parkinson’s disease, type 1 diabetes, heart disease, spinal cord injury, Duchene’s muscular dystrophy, Alzheimer’s disease, strokes, burns, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, vision, and hearing loss. Stem cells could also be used someday to replace or repair tissue damaged by disease or injury.
                  If Terry can hang on long enuf maybe we can find a cure for him.

Comment

Terry Prat

Comment

If Terry can hang on long enuf maybe we can find a cure for him.
                      Maybe an Igor can keep him going till there is one.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Shouldn't this be, "I ain't ded"
                        The "About the Author" blurb used to read (and perhaps it still does) "Terry Pratchett was born in 19XX and is still not dead."

I remember picking up a book in an airport and reading that bit and deciding to stick with it. (It was Pyramids.)

Chin up, old boy - there's millions of people out there wishing you all the best.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Based on the first Discworld novel, I don't care much for his work.

But this is sad news nonetheless.
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Comment

Could we trade? Robert Jordan died earlier this year, could we trade, say, Goodkind for Pratchett?

Comment

Can we kill Goodkind anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X