• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate coffee.
    I hate tea.
    So it's diet cola
    For me.

Comment

I prefer to avoid caffeine. I decaffeinated myself nine years ago, and it's one of the best things I've ever done. I still have the occasional soda or coffee, and lately I've allowed myself one cup of chai in the morning when I get to work, but I don't have a craving for any of that any more. No more daily headaches, no more waking up twenty times during the night, and no acid reflux for a year.

I don't miss it.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

Depends on the type of tea, actually. Some blends/varieties are supposedly better if you steep them in water that's not quite boiling. E.G., green tea is supposed to avoid boiling, I think. I never bother with the fine distinctions, myself, and I never drink green tea, but FYI...
        yeah green tea and the lighter teas. But if they are in bags (and not using whole leaves) it doesn't matter too much.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          No more daily headaches, no more waking up twenty times during the night, and no acid reflux for a year.
          Ouch. Some people clearly have an aversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

That's not so bad. My Pakistani family puts copious amounts of cream and sugar in their tea. In my experience most Indian/Pakistani families do the same.
            You don't put cream in tea Imran.

If you must have whitener it is milk.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm English, do I really have to answer this?
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
              X