Your preferred source of caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    I drink tea, but not for the caffeine. I love the flavor.
    I switch to tea after I've had enough coffees and before it's time to switch to beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      NO ONE drinks hot chocolate as a preferred source of caffeine.
      Um, I do. Hate coffee, hate tea, hate soda, won't take pills. When I need to wake up, I go to Dunkin' Donuts and get some hot chocolate and it perks me right up.
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
        Um, I do. Hate coffee, hate tea, hate soda, won't take pills. When I need to wake up, I go to Dunkin' Donuts and get some hot chocolate and it perks me right up.
        You are freaking strange

And here's why:

Caffeine is one of the only FDA-approved drugs that is present naturally and legally added to widely consumed foods. Exactly how much caffeine is there in the food and beverages you consume? CSPI has compiled the data.

Hot Cocoa has 9... NINE mgs of caffeine for an 8 oz serving. Compare to 133 mg for generic brewed coffee. Or around 50 mgs for soda or tea. You are getting hardly anything with chocolate.

And anyone that hates coffee, tea, and soda is certifiably insane.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm getting what I need with my hot chocolate. I don't need much to perk me up - lord knows if I drank coffee, one cup would make me spastic. Of course, since I also don't like the taste, I stay away, and I'm probably better off for it. If not wanting to essentially be a drug addict makes me freaking strange, then so be it.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

It does make you strange.

You probably don't like the taste of beer either
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

i don't drink any of that stuff. i mean occasionally i'll drink tea or soda, but not a whole lot. i guess i don't get caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                It does make you strange.

You probably don't like the taste of beer either
                I guess I'm strange, too. I drink soda but hate the taste of coffee, tea, and beer.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                  I don't care for caffeine... chocolate would be my only source, and I go for chocolate for other reasons.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    I guess I'm strange, too. I drink soda but hate the taste of coffee, tea, and beer.
                    No. You at least drink soda (though that not liking beer thing... ). You are strange for other reasons.

Comment

Uh. Thanks.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Tea FTW.

Coffee is a secondary source. I drink this when away from home as it is easier.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                          I drink tea, but not for the caffeine. I love the flavor. Can't stand coffee.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                            Tea FTW.

Coffee is a secondary source. I drink this when away from home as it is easier.
                            I'm guessing that people other than yourself and your household are generally unable to configure the tea properly. Tea is very user-specific IMO.

Comment

there is nothing worse than a poorly made cup of tea.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                                there is nothing worse than a poorly made cup of tea.
                                Exactly. If it was possible to get a decent cup of tea in the US they wouldn't have to drink so many sodas.

Comment

Working...
                                X