No announcement yet.

Gmat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Are you doing an Executive/part time program?

The weakest part of my application is going to be work experience. Good GMAT and GPA scores will help, but I fear 2 years won't be enough.

Also, I only have a month to write like 8 essays
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Contact Pekka, I think he tried that last week or thereabouts

Comment

It's an evening program; 4 hours per night, 2 nights a week for 2 years. It's not an executive program as that program takes less time, and it's not a part-time because it only takes two years and is a lockstep program (the class stays together). So, I have no idea. I think they just call it an evening program.

It's at Xavier University, and they have a good reputation around here so I'm sure it's no University of Pheonix or anything like that.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          Jon, it doesn't penalize you that way. One question doesn't severely penalize you - you just have to answer one more hard question to move back up. As long as you keep answering right you'll keep moving up. The idea is you'll reach a poitn at which you start answering right/wrong/right/wrong (give or take) and that's your actual score. I think the number of questions actually varies based on when you reach this point (though it's not unlimited).
          That's not quite true, as I understood it. The way the CAT system works puts much heavier emphasis on the first few questions. Get those wrong, and no amount of correct answers thereafter will recoup the lost ground.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            The weakest part of my application is going to be work experience. Good GMAT and GPA scores will help, but I fear 2 years won't be enough.

Also, I only have a month to write like 8 essays
            Meh, the essays are a breeze. The work experience should hurt you, but you may be able to make some of that up with your GMAT score and a very high GPA, which I assume you had. I can tell you from my experience I would rather have a bunch of people with 650 GMAT scores and lots of work experience than lots with 800 scores and little to no work experience. But I'm not an admissions officer, so take that for what it's worth.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

That's not quite true, as I understood it. The way the CAT system works puts much heavier emphasis on the first few questions. Get those wrong, and no amount of correct answers thereafter will recoup the lost ground.
              Hmm, perhaps on the first few, but those are typically fairly easy ones...
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

LS, dude don't worry about the essays. What you need to do is to realize that you have to make it. It seems impossible but hey, stop thinking and start writing/reading. Just go on super mode and don't sleep. It's just that easy. Forget about sleeping and anything else as well and just sit. Rest is allowed after 30 hours.

This way you will make it.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

According to GMAC, that's a myth popularised by Princeton Review and Kaplan. Nobody knows their exact algorithm, but it's supposed to be based on item response theory. So if you're going to make, say, 5 mistakes, it's better to have them spread out over teh test (including at teh beginning) than clustering them at teh end.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I suppose you could take a practice one and figure it out (or do the practice ones use kaplan-generated or PR-generated formulae?)
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

According to GMAC, that's a myth popularised by Princeton Review and Kaplan. Nobody knows their exact algorithm, but it's supposed to be based on item response theory. So if you're going to make, say, 5 mistakes, it's better to have them spread out over teh test (including at teh beginning) than clustering them at teh end.
                      What if they are clustered in the beginning?

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                      X