I'm going surfing tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going surfing tomorrow.

Short story is recent off shore storms have created 15 foot waves and the surfers are now lining up to get a crack at it.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

niiiiice. i haven't been surfing in years.

Comment

Cool. I'll be sitting at the computer for 8 hours or so. Yes, I'm a bit envious

Comment

I would be too except it might be hard to get to the coast tomorrow after the 22" of snow we're supposed to get tonight.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Comment

Going into battle with several millions tons of brine doesn't really appeal to me.

Good luck, Oerdin, and enjoy the ride.

Comment

isn't it winter time?

I guess it doesn't matter in socal.

Comment

Ice-surfing

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
                    I would be too except it might be hard to get to the coast tomorrow after the 22" of snow we're supposed to get tonight.
                    It's been cold here too. It got down to 60 degrees F last night.

The water will be cold though. I probably won't be out there long since 1) I'm not sure I'm good enough to hang with 15' waves and 2) My wetsuit isn't that thick so I'll likely be so cold I'll experience some "shrinkage".

Comment

Surfing was tougher than I expected. I particularly didn't expect the belly rash.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm taking my car to work tomorrow.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                          isn't it winter time?

I guess it doesn't matter in socal.
                          ...and then the temperature is predicted to drop 30 degrees (F) in 3 days, and a major rainstorm comes roaring down the coast.

Comment

I went out this morning and got my ass handed to me by the waves. Way bigger then a person of my meager skill should be surfing. Also I got cold even with my wetsuit on and there were a million other surfers out there as well.

You know... From the shore the waves look big but not that big yet when you're laying on the board looking over your shoulder a 15' tall wave is pretty damn big.

Comment

Cowabunga!!

Comment

Working...
                              X