This just in, the art community is full of gullible fools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just in, the art community is full of gullible fools

To the untrained eye, they appear to be simple daubs that could have been created by a two year old. Which is precisely what they are. But that didn't stop the supposed experts falling over themselves to acclaim them. The toddler in question is Freddie Linsky, who has fooled the art world into buying and asking to exhibit his paintings

Click.

Read.

Laugh.

No I am NOT providing the text in this thread, its 110% work safe, here is a hint of what is to come however.

Re: This just in, the art community is full of gullible fools

Originally posted by Vesayen
    To the untrained eye, they appear to be simple daubs that could have been created by a two year old. Which is precisely what they are. But that didn't stop the supposed experts falling over themselves to acclaim them. The toddler in question is Freddie Linsky, who has fooled the art world into buying and asking to exhibit his paintings

Click.

Read.

Laugh.

No I am NOT providing the text in this thread, its 110% work safe, here is a hint of what is to come however.

As a "Papa" three words come to mind:

DONT

YOU

MOVE!!!

I couldnt imagine this child deciding "Nah, Ill run and whoop and holler and watch Papa get all excited!!"
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

yay new desktop

Comment

The Best Loved Elephant is better.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Art is everything is art.

If there is an aesthetic and/or emotional connection with a piece of artwork, then it can sell high and attract popularity.

Some of the artworks this kid has done does have that quality.

Art gets hard when you know what you're supposed to do.
          be free

Comment

Wait, so a guy who wants to pay 20 pounds for a painting and a Berlin gallery who wanted him to participate constitutes the "art community"?

Oh, btw, Best Loved Elephant is pretty cool .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

20 Pounds aren´t that much, considering the fact that some paintings made by a chimpanzee once were sold for 12000
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I actually agree that Best Loved Elephant is pretty good-looking. I probably wouldn't pay twenty pounds for it, but I wouldn't make fun of the guy who did buy it.

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Is it too much to ask for the art community to paint something that looks like something? Preferribly a hot naked chick.

Comment

That's exactly the problem with modern arts: Only few people dare to say that many the "artists" are just laughing about their customers. The others are simply mentally defective.
                    Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Wait, so a guy who wants to pay 20 pounds for a painting and a Berlin gallery who wanted him to participate constitutes the "art community"?
                      QFT. What a non-story.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

yeah 20 pounds isn't much. If anyone watches the tonight show, they have a segment where they show how much money people will pay for stupid crap on ebay. It's astonishing what money people will pay for stupid crap.

Comment

This just in, the art community is full of gullible fools

Yep.
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            Is it too much to ask for the art community to paint something that looks like something? Preferribly a hot naked chick.
                            They already did that. It got boring quick when people came up with cameras.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

They already did that. It got boring quick when people came up with cameras.
                              true. Who knew that many women would like taking off their clothes for the camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X