No announcement yet.

Zkribbler: a month after the bad news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zkribbler: a month after the bad news.

It's now been exactly one month since my doctor informed me that (unbeknownst to me), I had had a heart attack. Since then:

1) I've lost a dozen pounds.

2) I've begun leaving my car at home when I go to work. Rather, I walk 1 1/2 miles to a Gold Line station and take the tram into work. Besides the needed exercise, this has a couple of side benefits: less pollution; savings for me in money ($62 for a monthly MTA pass as compared to a $120/month parking pass); and a reduction in car insurance premiums.

3) I've reduced my caffeine intake from 100-200 ounces of Diet Coke/Pepsi per day to just 2 cans. My pulse rate had been over 100 beats per minute.

4) My dream vacation to Italy next Spring will have to again be postponed. I'll keep the domestic leg of the trip: visiting my sister in Ohio for her birthday; visiting my brother in Colorado for his birthday; visiting Lancer, Dolores and Papa Mente in Oregon; and then attending a union conference in Sacramento. But my original plan was to maximize my vacation time by burning up my sick-personal time. It's better now if I keep all the sick time I have.

Friday, I have an appointment with my doctor for a physical. I should be able to find out then where my chlorestrol level is and what's going on with my heart rate.

4 continued) Swing down to texas
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's good to hear you're making improvements to your quality of life.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Good news there, Zkribbler. And keeping a positive spirit like yours will go a long way.

Good luck with the physical.

Comment

Zkribbler
          Blah

Comment

Good yob
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to lose dozens of pounds within a month?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                  Just out of curiosity, how were you able to lose dozens of pounds within a month?
                  He said he lost 12 pounds in a month.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                    Just out of curiosity, how were you able to lose a dozen pounds within a month?
                    Fixed

Answer: Jenny Craig

4 continued) Swing down to texas
                    I'm running on a pretty tight schedule this time. But sometimes my brother can be a bit much, so I might blow a gasket and have to look for sanctuary. Texas would be good

Comment

I am surprised that you have not adapted your diet (reducing salt, fats, sugar, etc)
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I think the loss of weight implies that...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Congrats on the early success, Zkribb. Very impressive.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                            I think the loss of weight implies that...

And thanks to all for the good wishes.

Comment

Keep up the great work Zkribbler
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                              X