Lame tech help thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lame tech help thread!

I have external USB speakers plugged into my laptop, but it still only uses the in-built speakers. I can test the speakers in the sound manager and they work, but in actual computer usage the laptop only uses its internal speakers for sound.

Please tell me how to fix this.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

In the realtek setup I have it lists positions for multiple speakers. It may think that the USB speakers are in the 3&4 slot, and you have it configured to only use 1&2. We need to know more about your system to determine what precisely is going on though.

Comment

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software for the speakers in the device manager and now they're working. This thread is now unnecessary.

As you were.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Yea or do that.

Comment

Working...
        X