Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the? State sponsored web espionage from China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the? State sponsored web espionage from China?

Is this legit? Is this brit website any good? I have heard american top officials said web espionage is going to be a serious problem in the future, is it already happening? How concerned should I be? I shall await answers from people knowlegable in computers and/or economics.

They'll just have to block China from connecting to their internets.

Comment

How concerned should you be? Wave out the window to that satellite.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

no one is concerned about this? I think this is grounds for a declaration of war.

England should declare war on China.

Comment

Seriously, they can block china from connecting to their internets.

Comment

They should block China. Chinese people, in a general statement, are short. I'm telling you, short people are no good. This is just the latest evidence.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If I remember correctly our chancellor Angie told the chinese delegation only months ago to tell their hackers to stop trying to hack into german federal webpages

Of course now, after Angie has officially received the Dalai Lama, they might be tempted to start it again
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Is this anything to do with Echelon?

[/rhetorical]
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I believe his nickname is now Ecthy, or something.

And no, I don't think he is involved. He's been in China, though. Hope they didn't turn him...

Comment

You're asking if The Times is any good?
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Well if you put something on the web, it's probably there to be seen, no? How can one spy the Web? On the other hand if you put confidential information on the internet and simply protect it with a password or something, you're asking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                        You're asking if The Times is any good?
                        Well, it is owned by Rupe. Although it's not as noticeably bad as his other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                          Well, it is owned by Rupe. Although it's not as noticeably bad as his other stuff.
                          Unlike his other stuff, it's not under his direct editorial control.

Comment

Interesting hysterical reaction from one poster on the Times site (bold added):

Great, so suspicion of Muslims has now moved onto suspicion of chinese people. Spare a thought for those born here, we're now going to receive unnecessary backlash and emotional distress (probably get physically assaulted too) despite spending all our lives trying to integrate and lead a normal life.

It's fair to say that fear mongering has ruined so many innocent lives in Britain, and will continue to with "leaks" like these.

Howard, Manchester,

Comment

...despite spending all our lives trying to integrate...

Howard, Manchester,
                              Assuming that "Howard" should be his/her last (or first) name it seems like he/she is very good at integrating, as this name doesn´t sound chinese even a little bit
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X