No announcement yet.

Advice for quitting smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. Being smug or dying of lung cancer? Oh the choices we must make in this crazy life!
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      Hmm. Being smug or dying of lung cancer? Oh the choices we must make in this crazy life!
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smug_Alert!

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Just don't smoke anymore
          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Tell him to light one up in a pure oxygen environment. The cigarette will flash burn in less than a second. Should put him off smoking.

Bonus: any scorching on the lips and mouth might make it hard to smoke, too.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Here's what I did.

After countless of tries (the longest was 3 months w/o a cig) I've finally succeded

I've switched to marijuana instead. When crisis hits the roof (after a good meal, after a few beers etc) I just startet to smoke joints instead of Marlboro, and I smoked 2 packs per day (Marlboro of course ).
              One year I was just on marijuana and you can't smoke that like cigs...whenever you want...as many as you like.

After one year I quit that too and now I am 3 years w/o a cigarette and joint.

But I must confess I did one after we won that game against England (sorry Cort Haus ).
              My life, my rules

Comment

Quitting smoking is the toughest thing I ever did. It helps to take lots of vitamin C, and before the cravings get really bad I took an aspirin and a tylonol. Actually I took those every few hours. Before your friend even tries to quit he should quit coffee and going out to bars. You can't have a coffee or a few beers and not have a smoke, at least I could not. Also, try to clear your schedule and stock your fridge, lots of fruit. Then just stay home for as long as it takes. Unplug the phone, disable the doorbell. Don't believe anything you think or feel while the cravings are on.

Pray.

I guess that's it.

Welcome to the Phils, drop by the house.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

chew lots of gum.

Comment

Quitters
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X