Advice for quitting smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for quitting smoking

One of my friends in the Philippines may want to stop smoking. Any advice I could pass on? I'm not sure if nicotine patches are available there but they probably are.

By the way, I'm due to arrive in the Philippines (Cebu) tomorrow and expect to continue to Bohol the next day. I'm at a stopover in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia right now logged in from an internet cafe.
    Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

I quit almost 8 years ago. I first reduced from 30/day to about 10 for a few months (I smoked precisely every 2 hours), and after this quit completely. No chewing gums, patches or similar stuff. Worked for me.

Comment

if you can cut out the first one every day, then you've done it.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Buy GPCs. If that doesn't make you quit nothing will.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A colleague of mine did it by hypnosis. Cost a few hundred, but it was successful, painless and lasting (more than a year so far).

Comment

A year under hypnosis is completely unacceptable
            Blah

Comment

As long as the social insurance is paying...

Comment

I saw a great clip about a woman who was hypnotized into thinking she was cumming. She really lost control and started dripping all over.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Best advice to quit smoking: quit smoking. It's mostly a question about how serious you are and you will power. I tried to quit by reducing, which didn't work for me since I didn't really have a drive to finally quit, so in the long run, the level raised again. Then I stopped quitting with nicotine gums for half a year, but that didn't do it. I was still on nicotine and a cigarette seemed to be so much better an alternative than that silly gum.

But when I was really serious, telling myself that I had to quit at all cost, I set a date, 31st May 2004, and never smoked a cigarette ever since. And I smoked two packs/day until that.

Don't cheat yourself, you don't need anybody or anything but your will to succeed.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Smokers caused 9/11.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Advice for quitting smoking

Throw your pack in the garbage, and dont buy anymore.

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        Indian smokers caused 9/11.
                        Fixed.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Everyone is different, but if they really want to quit, they can quit.

For me, it was a slow drawdown. I reduced, reduced, reduced... bit by bit until I was smoking something like 1/2 a pack per week. At that point, there was nowhere to go but quitting entirely.

For others, cold turkey is the way. For still others, nicotine gum/patches may be required.

Anyway, the key is deciding that one wants to (or at least MUST) quit.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            I saw a great clip about a woman who was hypnotized into thinking she was cumming. She really lost control and started dripping all over.
                            Um, is it on Youtube?
                            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

"One of my friends"

Tell your "friend" that if they manage to stop smoking they'll face the second challenge of avoiding breathing smug everywhere. Being a non-smoker, after driving hybrid cars, is one of the major causes of smug, mmmkay?

Comment

Working...
                              X