Obey library rules or die!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obey library rules or die!

I think libraries should have machinguns with voice detectors and when someone goes over the accepted db level, they will be shot. Some people come to this library to do their assignments, which is fine. But with group assignments, we have many people just yelling and freaking... everything. These people should be shot. There are designated areas where you're supposed to be ******* free, where silence prevails. Well... I figure if you came to spend your social life there and just yell, you know? I think it's not my fault the machineguns aren't yet installed, so I should have the right to attack them and choke them to their early deaths.

What do you guys think? Should we be able to kill library terrorists? I think we should not only have that right, but that it would actually be a responsibility. Most people come here to do their things because it's too loud elsewhere, or because they can't have silence in their apartments. SO NO I'm not interested hearing about some 18 year old punk's weekend. I think the problem is that I don't look like I work here. My appearance is rather liberal. Not one of a hippie, but I'm not that formal. I figure at least half would shut up if they knew what was up, then again maybe not. So the only weapon I have left is direct physical assault. There are certain rules man, certain rules that should be obeyd because it's respecting others in the shared space. Hey, this library has been built with tax payer money, now I've paid more taxes than these punks put together, and we have rules that I obey and they disobey, therefore I should be allowed to correct them in any manner I see fit, and the only way I see would suit this situation is direct and brutal beating. I think they'll shut up next time they see me rolling, reading, trying to catch my riding dirty.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Ah! Salvation! I had taken my headset with me.... now I can listen to music and not hear few of the people chatting away like it's a social gathering. Hmm, I must remember this one, blocks outside noises 100%

See? I solved this problem within, I came up with a solution that would make the blatant mistakes of others disappear for me. That's how civilized I am. You make mistake, it's ok, I can handle it. Yes. THis is good.

Unless naked girls starts to dance in front of me, I can't be bothered. Then again, I might be willing to be bothered by that. Get some butts shaking!!!!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I fully support you. People talking, drinking(!), and eating(!) in libraries should receive at least 200 lashes on the main square.

But what really annoys me is the general reaction you get when you tell those people how gross and unpolite they are. Once, I was in a computer room at university and there was that girl next to me, smacking on her sandwich. I swallowed all my disgust and hate for a while, but then she licked her fingers and continued typing that meaningless **** with which she was abusing the university's capacities, while there were people out there waiting maybe to work on relevant stuff instead of chatting. So I told her that she was a gross who should be kicked from university for not having understood anything (and I was comparatively polite, actually not using swearings).
      Guess what, I was looked at like an alien or a fascist...
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Conan The Librerian - More free videos are here
        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Wouldn't machineguns be horribly noisy?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Yes but it would be worth the noise.
            In da butt.

Comment

Thue, is that from a movie? I've never seen that before EXACTLY what I was looking for. We need Conan! Except when I screw up of course
              In da butt.

Comment

I don't know more than that clip, but there is a Wikipedia article:

http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

It resembles the "Gandhi II" spot, so I guess it's the scene from UHF.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

This reminds me of a very strange Japanese game show I saw a clip of awhile back.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Woohoo!

Conan the Librarian!

Anybody seen UHF with weird Al?

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That's the one.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Conan teh Librarian.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

He's a real man.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X