Real Estate Agent + Google Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Estate Agent + Google Earth

So I am looking for a new place to live (renting). My budget is 500 a month or 700 if its a really nice place.

So my agent suggests this "nice condo with everything (gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, bbq pits, etc) for 700. I was interested, of course I would only have paid 700 if the place was new (2005 or newer).

So he called me up, telling me the address, so we can meet and have a look at it.

After hanging up, I do my usual thing and do some research on the place. A quick search on the map online to locate it, and a quick search on Google Earth to see it and I know 1. Exactly where it is and 2. Exactly what building it is. It just so happens to be a building I am very familiar with (I used to take the bus stop outside of it every day for 1 year). It's quite an old building (80's, and you can tell just by looking at the roof of the building) and it doesn't have a pool or any other facilities as far as I know.

So I msg the guy back telling him I know of this place and everything he told me is wrong. I told him I would pay no more than $400 for this, and to my happiness he says "ok, I'll give it to you for $400".

$400 a month is peanuts to me, and a bit more research on this place elsewhere on the internet shows that it does in fact have a pool, gym, etc. So I am getting a decent place for a decent price.

Thanks Google Earth!

Now on to my idea, which I submitted to Google Labs about 2 years ago, and the idea is that Google can create another feature called "Google Real Estate". Using Google Earth, I could search for any places for rent/sale, click on the button, shows me a few pics of the place, amenities, is the owner living there or not, what the price is and even the contract details. Even better is the fact I can see what is nearby.

Google can make a profit off this by charging 1% of the total cost of 1 months rent, which is peanuts to us, but to Google it all adds up, imagine, 100's of millions a year.

I would love to tap into this market, it's the way of the future.

Another idea just struck me! Apply the same idea to jobs opportunities!

Google will rule the world.
    Last edited by FrostyBoy; November 26, 2007, 05:23.
    be free

Sounds like a good idea.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

They're letting people do that themselves using Google Mapplets: http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/mapplets/
      mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

yeah, I think you will find many sites that already provide real estate information linked with google maps

btw, sounds like your agent is a crook
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That's the way it is in Singapore MarkG, especially with people like me (white guys).

Yes, I am aware there are companies already doing something at a basic level as my idea, but its still not being done at a stable, trustworthy and powerful state. It is time for Google to step in and take over.
          be free

Comment

Working...
          X