Tanya Harding spotted in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanya Harding spotted in China

BEIJING - Chinese Olympic hurdler Liu Xiang's legs have been insured for US$13.3 million in the run-up to next year's Beijing Summer Olympics.

To him, though, the limbs are beyond valuation. "You can't really put a concrete figure on this," Liu was quoted as saying by the Beijing News newspaper. "They're priceless," Liu said.

Liu won the 110-metre hurdles at the 200 Athens Olympics, set a new world record of 12.88 seconds last year, and in August won gold at the World Athletics Championships.

Liu is one of the country's most celebrated sports stars, prompting Ping An of China insurance to donate coverage for his legs as part of its sponsorship of the Chinese athletics team.

Liu's race at the Beijing Games is expected to be one of the most watched events at the games.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

har har har

Comment

No heckling from the cheap seats!
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Eddy Shack insured his nose! FACT!
        What?

Comment

Clear the track - Here comes Shack!

Comment

Expects win by a nose?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Doped. Oh, they'll get him.

Comment

He's Chinese though. I'm sure he'll get a pass.

Comment

Working...
                X