No announcement yet.

What is a Freegan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: old furniture... does donating it to goodwill count? I would think so. We cleared out all sorts of stuff that way before our move.

The only thing I regret is the mattress & box spring that they wouldn't take. We threw those out at the dump, and I regret it for two reasons: 1) they were in perfectly good condition; and 2) I now wish I had them back, because we have a bedroom that lacks a bed. But at the time, it was decided that they had to go.

Anyway, I'll keep Freecycle in mind. Thanks.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Re: old furniture... does donating it to goodwill count? I would think so. We cleared out all sorts of stuff that way before our move.

The only thing I regret is the mattress & box spring that they wouldn't take. We threw those out at the dump, and I regret it for two reasons: 1) they were in perfectly good condition; and 2) I now wish I had them back, because we have a bedroom that lacks a bed. But at the time, it was decided that they had to go.

Anyway, I'll keep Freecycle in mind. Thanks.

-Arrian
      Sure, I would think goodwill "counts" (with all the authority vested in me, I hereby give you five "the righteous among the gentiles will have a place in the world to come" points )

Lack of space for temporary storage ("we need to dump it NOW, and no ones offered to pick it up yet") and difficulty transporting ("that sounds cool, but we need a pick up instead of our sedan to get it, hey, wait a minute, isnt this about the environment?") and convenience are all issues.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
      X