Enlightened Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightened Lighting

How long do you think it will be before we're a totally fluorescent lighting society?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Never, Light Emitting Diodes are the future.
    "

Comment

Slow, how did you do that ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Do what? Not think of Light Emitting Diodes?
        That's a question for the ages.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Wake up EPW - can't remember seeing him before despite he has a couple of years here
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He lurks around like some ghoul.

Comment

He's Sloww's DL
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

oh leave EPW alone, jeezus christ
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Give it a few years. The "warmth" of incandescent will become retro-cool, especially in high-end designer home decor.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's already retro-cool in my home. I won't make the change.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Every light buld that goes out in my house I replace with those long lasting high effeciency twisted fluorescent bulbs.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

We switched over a couple years ago. Not a single bulb has burned out yet.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I was under the impression that the movement was well-underway in California. Maybe not.

Comment

I saw an ad for a light-up vibrator that was shaped like Jesus.

Now, I can understand the Jesus shape if you're trying to make some sort of religious comment.

But WTF would the light be used for? Seriously.

Like maybe we're in the dark and it's hard to find your way?

Edit: I suppose if there's a Madonna concert this would be a decent change from all those backlit cell phone displays the audience waves...
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

CFLs suck. So do incandescents.

LEDs. They last 10 times longer than CFLs (which themselves last 10 times longer than incandescents). They use even less power than CFLs. And they contain zero harmful chemicals (CFLs contain mercury). They also generate virtually zero heat.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X