I don't think so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think so

Man says he shot cow after mistaking it for coyote; authorities are skeptical

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

COLFAX TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A man says he shot and killed a neighbour's cow after mistaking it for a coyote.

Authorities and the cow's owner are skeptical. The undersheriff in northern Michigan's Benzie County says he doesn't see how anyone could confuse a 635-kilogram, pregnant cow with a coyote, which typically weighs about 13 kilograms.

Shooting coyotes is illegal during deer-shooting season and authorities asked the county prosecutor to bring charges.

Undersheriff Rory Heckman says the 42-year-old man told authorities he was out to shoot coyotes near his home Saturday when he killed the cow and then tried to drag it home.

The owner of the cow, DeAnn Mosher, says her husband thought that their neighbour should go through some therapy looking at repeated pictures of cows and coyotes, because they look nothing alike.

Pregnant Cow
    Attached Files
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Coyote
    Attached Files
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

[edit: ninja'd]
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

[edit: DanS'd}

Comment

I can see the similarities.
          Cattle rustler. Get a rope.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

Cow-Coyote : easy mistake to make.

Comment

They do have similar behaviours. Sometimes cows get sneaky and crawl through the underbrush. It's a hereditary trait left over from the days when cows used to stalk their prey.

Comment

Good that there are still people who know how evil these cowyotes can be
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Why are you wasting your time talking about the cowyotes? There's more important things to be worried about.

Like ManBearPig.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

"You have two cows...."
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                        Why are you wasting your time talking about the cowyotes? There's more important things to be worried about.

Like ManBearPig.
                        How do you expect people to properly defend themselves from this menace if you don't include a picture?!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Undersheriff Rory Heckman says the 42-year-old man told authorities he was out to shoot coyotes near his home Saturday when he killed the cow and then tried to drag it home.
                          WTF??
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The owner of the cow, DeAnn Mosher, says her husband thought that their neighbour should go through some therapy looking at repeated pictures of cows and coyotes, because they look nothing alike.

Jeez, lady. Don't have a coyote.

Comment

That's utterly insane! I've herd of people mistaking a chicken for a coyote, but a cow!? I say Bull.

Also, that's a poorly written article that is seriously lacking in puns.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X