• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Cooking

What are you making?

I'm going with this (but with twice the cayenne):

The dough's tasty...
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

That's different. I'll have to try these.
    I heated a frozen cherry pie and took it to te VFW as a dessert.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Attached Files
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

We had that, too.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We made two turkeys. One in an oven bag with some oyster & chestnut stuffing and the other was fried with regular sausage stuffing baked in the oven.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Roast turkey, garlic mashed spuds, stuffing, awesome pan gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, sparkling cider.

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream for deseert once we've recovered.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm having a roast dinner on sunday

And I'm going to help cook it
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - all cooking, no presents and ****.

I made:

Turkey - roasted to perfection - best I've ever done.
                Cornbread stuffing - it was O K. Needs some tweaking. Son number two did most of the work.
                Sweet Potato mess - awesome. Son number one did the mashing.
                Cranberry/orange sauce - perfect, with thanks to son number three for helping out.
                Mashed potatoes - didn't even bother eating them; made them for the traditionalists.
                Garlic Green Beans - yum.

Even had a nice shouting match with my wife after dinner - so it was the perfect holiday!

W: Your family sucks!
                Me: So does yours!
                W: Yeah - but at least they weren't here!!!
                Me: Sure; but they'll be here tomorrow night!
                W: )(&)(#@&)($#&%($#&)(#&)(
                Me: (Drinks more stuff and posts on poly)
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I made nothing...but I did show up.

Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, roll, blood orange sparkling [something]. and still I lost 0.2 pounds!

Worship me; I am a weigh-losing god.

Comment

Sounds like Oerdin's plans all went well, overcoming the frozen bird syndrome.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

GREENLAWN, New York - Fifteen wild turkeys strutted into a suburban New York hamlet on US Thanksgiving Day and then left just in time to avoid dinner.

The turkeys showed up Thursday morning, drawing crowds of spectators, but left marching in single file - at about 1 p.m.

Suffolk County police were called because the turkeys created a traffic hazard while crossing a road. But the officers didn't have to intervene because the birds kept walking and haven't been seen or heard from since.

Resident Joyce Logan said there was no practical joke involved and the turkeys could have wandered into the Long Island neighbourhood about 60 kilometres east of Manhattan from a nearby wooded area.

Logan said the birds walked away in a straight line and she went back inside to prepare a store-bought turkey dinner for her family.

Unlike some neighbours, Logan said, she never had thoughts of catching one of the turkeys in her yard and turning it into dinner, joking that she can't eat something she's met.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X