Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People with no legs ruined the Olympics

Yes, it's true.

First of all, don't call it special olympics, paralympics or whatever they want to call it. It's cheatalympics and here's why:

A lot of you people feel sorry for people with disabilities. Don't. If you think they're humans just like us with no disabilities, treat them like it and don't let them pull any crap!

Olympics, I think it's a fine thing, there's a thing called the olympic spirit. YOu know, competition between individuals from all over the world, there's no race, religion, colour of skin, status in society... it's about competing and winning your peers, as well as all the likeminded competitors of the ancient times. It's a fine system, you get results and you compare them even to people who are dead, and if you win the dead people, you're great and awesome. It means that we're all supposed to forget about our differencies, disputes and so forth. For the month, we're all just competing and excited.

So then these people with no legs came and started with their crap. I think people wiht disabilities CAN have their own olympics. I think it's fair, I think it's good, except for these people with no legs. They're cheaters. HAve you seen the springs they get? It's ridiculous, some dudes run faster than perfectly good athlets WITH legs. Can you see the problem already?

I mean if you want to compete in say, 100m dash/sprint, the olympic spirit says we can't use doping. Now, how come these people get to use these springs, designed for fast running? They're totally out of control, if oyu have people with no legs, they should crawl. People with one leg can jump with their one leg. It's kind of obvious that people with one leg will win the people with no legs, and that's the way it should be!!

I'm all for equal opportunity and helping people with disadvantages, but this is going too far. Or the blind runners, I mean let's have them run and if they get lost or disqualified for getting off from, their track, too bad! Maybe you should run at the pace where you can, so you don't have to cheat.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Cheatalympics, I can give you other examples. What if there was a fat person and say it was due to some real illness. Now how come the fat person doesn't get someone to drag his ass in the track? OH THAT'S RIGHT, HE ISN'T SPECIAL ENOUGH! He is just fat and we can point at the fat person and laugh at them. Ha-ha, you're fat! You smell and you're going to die yougn! HAHAHA! But wait, there's someone in a wheelchair, HAHAHAHA! WHat, that's not funny? Why not? I mean that person can't walk, hilarious, yes?

So if an obese person wins a person with on legs because they would have to crawl, I mean the obese person is a better athlete, yes? Why not? Do you measure it by the percentage of fat in your body and if so, heroin addicts wins!

Besides, people who have problem with their hands or no arms at all, you know I think they should have a person who writes for them, say if they apply to a university. It's fair, because the outcome isn't skewed and we shouldn't beat on that person because someone assisted... the no-arms person can be the best candidate out of anyone so that's not wrong.

But cheatalympics? Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's like having an assistant when applying to school because you can't hack it... ****** people don't get assistants making all these essays for them, so why do people with no legs gets springs? Makes no sense.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I can't wait for cyborg olympics.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

As long as they all have the same chances I can see no problem with it.

It´s the same with doping:
        Thed only thing unfair about it is, that some people do it and some don´t do it. And that it ruins the health of the athletes (and in some cases, lets them grow boobs (which is good for women but bad for men) and/or body hair (good for men, bad for women ))

So as long as "technologically enhanced humans" only compete among their peers I see no problem with it.

Hey, it is not their fault that their disability forces them to use technology that makes them better than non disabled athletes
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yeah, but Olympics were supposed to be pure.
          In da butt.

Comment

Which, of coruse isn´t the case anymore since a long time

Well, in a way I would conmpare it to olympic archery. In the beginning olympic archery was pure, you only had a bare longbow (AFAIK) without sights with which you shot wooden arrows.
            Well, look at the bows used in olympic archery now, high tech devices with stabilizers to dampen the release shock, sights and arrows that are a complex mix from aluminium and carbon fibers.

Now it´s time to enhance the human body as well, as Lorizael said, next step will be the cyborg olympics
            (which of course, as I hope, for us archers means, that we then can officially use smartgun links to help us aiming )
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Why do you hate disabled people Pekka?
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Proteus, no, your comparison is invalid, and by the tone of your messages, I suspect you are too.

It's a different thing to modify your body with freaking 20% changes than say, use a modern hockey stick or spear.

Zoid, I don't hate disabled people, I hate cheaters.
                In da butt.

Comment

I agree. And, in the REAL olympic, people should be forced to compete without ANY corrective eye wear. No glasses people! Imagine the wrecks and miscues, it would be great
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

What's wrong with glasses?

Like I said, do you think we should allow ****** kids have assistants who write essays for them?

It becomes a question when the human effort stops and lazy technology begins. I draw the line with those spring legs.

Or if you're a boxer, would you see it's a bit different if the guy has contact lenses, or LASIK surgery, or when a dude with no arms has some techno arms he swings and beats his opponents with? It might be cool, but it shouldn't be thought as athletic.
                    In da butt.

Comment

So, have a special category for spring-legged cyborgs or whatever you think is unfair, have them compete against each other. I don't know the devices in question, but if they have to work to move their leg stumps in time and whatnot it still counts as athletic from their perspective. The point of the Special Olympics is to boost self-esteem for the disabled, no? It's hard to feel much self-esteem when you're dragging your torso along the ground next to some guys who are running.

Alternatively, tune the springs so they offer performance more comparable to a human leg.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Don't you think that is a bit racist?

I think they are just much humans as we are, so to say it's for thme to boost their self-esteem would be to assume they have a low self-esteem and p ossibly think they aren't as good as we are, yes?

In any case, the people with no legs already had their break, we don't need to give them more. Also, yes, if they have like a cyborg category, that's fine by me. I say they should have it in fact, so no one thinks they did it themselves and truth prevails.

I'm all for equality. You know, I approve disabled parking, it's important. Disabled people should be as free as possible to do what they want, to go shopping and everything else as well, so yes, I think the society should make an extra effort and pay for things and make laws, that helps the disabled people to be as free as humanly possible, they have the same rights because they're humans and citizens and that's the way it should be.

However, if I'm in a cue, trying to get my cup of coffee, and some douche in a wheelchair comes there, trying to pass me... you know what the hell? Dude, I understand the special parking and ramp that was JUST for you is needed because it's difficult for you to use the door, stairs and other stuff we can use, but dude, YOU CAN WAIT IN THE DAMN LINE JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. The ****er is trying to be special, I mean yeah, a special jerk! And what the hell, he can sit in his chair while waiting whereas my legs can start hurting when I have to stand in cue, so you know... get back in the line and SHUT UP! Pass me in line and I'll kick the ramp away. I win.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          What's wrong with glasses?
                          People who need glasses to compete are obvously cheaters. I hate watching these lazy four-eyes take away the glory and hard earned effort of people with 20/20 vision who had to get to where they are today without the aid of glasses. If that's not cheating I don't know what is.

Glasses
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Jeesh Zoid, you sound like a nazi
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                              People who need glasses to compete are obvously cheaters. I hate watching these lazy four-eyes take away the glory and hard earned effort of people with 20/20 vision who had to get to where they are today without the aid of glasses. If that's not cheating I don't know what is.

Glasses
                              i;lk nwver ty[e qith gladded afaim.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X