Greece is calling me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greece is calling me

Do you ever get that feeling you're supposed to be somewhere far away? As if fate is pulling you.

I have that with Greece, I'm not sure exactly why, I don't know much about that country, but what I do know is that the bright white buildings on the side of the clear blue coasts is really intriguing me.
    be free

makes my eyes hurt

and no, I never get this feeling that I am suppose to be somewhere far away... though sometimes I wish I was
    Monkey!!!

Comment

In fact, while I am talking about this, what would it take for me to get to Greece? Do they speak English? Would it be difficult for me (a New Zealand graphic designer) to get a job there? What's the rent (housing) like? I assume the weather is generally always hot (also important to me). Are the people nice and reasonable?
      be free

Comment

Re: Greece is calling me

Let the machine get it.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

You know that if you do this trip, you will be surrounded by hairy greeks and that moustaches isn't enough to determine the gender ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

stereotype!
            be free

Comment

Well, wich one of us has visited Greece previous ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

look alright to me
                be free

Comment

Oh wait, they're American. ****!
                  be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                    In fact, while I am talking about this, what would it take for me to get to Greece?
                    an airplane
                    Do they speak English?
                    yes, much more than the average european country
                    Would it be difficult for me (a New Zealand graphic designer) to get a job there?
                    there is no great competition on graphic design, so if you're good you'll be ok. athens has better wages on this.
                    What's the rent (housing) like?
                    depends on the location. some of the most expensive in athens are in the top of the world. but of course there are reasonable one as well
                    I assume the weather is generally always hot (also important to me).
                    you can bet on that
                    Are the people nice and reasonable?
                    except if it's 9-5 and the person is working in the civil service. other than that we are nice, welcoming people
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Whatever the topic, say the turks are wrong and you'll be ok.
                      If you need anything, you may ask any greek fellow, he definitely has some cousin, who will gladly help you.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry
                        If you need anything, you may ask any greek fellow, he definitely has some cousin, who will gladly help you.
                        yeah, we laugh at these professional social networking sites

Comment

In Paradise
                          - the policemen are British
                          - the chefs are French
                          - the engineers are Germans
                          - the lovers are Greeks
                          - everything is organized by Swiss

In Hell
                          - the chefs are British
                          - the engineers are French
                          - the policemen are Germans
                          - the lovers are Swiss
                          - everything is organized by Greeks

Comment

Is everyone gay or little boys in Paradise?
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I've meet two greeks in my life.

One was a Greek version of Comic Book Guy (owned a store and the whole ball of wax). The other was incoragible and you may be familier with him from this site...
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X