How many celebs can you name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many celebs can you name?

The name of the game is that you have to know one celeb per country, and the number of countries with celebs you get, well that's the score. An extra rule, they can't be politicians. So leaders of the country etc don't count. Also, has to be a person, not the name of a band etc. I'll start.

Finland: Kimi Räikkönen (F1)
    Sweden: Björn Borg (tennis)
    Denmark: Gus Hansen (poker)
    Norway: Petter Solberg (rally)
    Iceland: Björk (music)
    Russia: Fedor Emilianenko (mma)

OK. An example right there. Show me what you've got!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Celebism

Comment

poker players are celebrities?

Comment

Is bluffing allowed? Say I make up some names that sound sort of African-ish, like Ntingwe Batwana, and say they're from Cameroon, Nigeria, etc., and nobody calls me on it because nobody knows squat about those places, do I still earn points? I'm only asking because, TBH, I have no idea who any of those people are besides Bjork.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Wikipedia defeats you.

Comment

USA: Jon Stewart
            UK: Elton John

Um... there are celebrities elsewhere?
            Last edited by Darius871; November 18, 2007, 00:08.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

There are people elsewhere?

Comment

There is dry land elsewhere?
                Unbelievable!

Comment

Never heard of John Stewart. Is he a baseball player or something?
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                    Never heard of John Stewart. Is he a baseball player or something?
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Jeez, I just did a search on Wikipedia and was presented with a page of John Stewarts. I can't find out who this guy is even though I want to.
                      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Once you complete your list check in here:

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: How many celebs can you name?

Originally posted by Pekka
                          The name of the game is that you have to know one celeb per country, and the number of countries with celebs you get, well that's the score. An extra rule, they can't be politicians. So leaders of the country etc don't count. Also, has to be a person, not the name of a band etc. I'll start.

Finland: Kimi Räikkönen (F1)
                          Sweden: Björn Borg (tennis)
                          Denmark: Gus Hansen (poker)
                          Norway: Petter Solberg (rally)
                          Iceland: Björk (music)
                          Russia: Fedor Emilianenko (mma)

OK. An example right there. Show me what you've got!
                          I don't know 3 of these person.
                          Heck I dont even know what one of these "celeb's" activity is (mma??).

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                            Jeez, I just did a search on Wikipedia and was presented with a page of John Stewarts. I can't find out who this guy is even though I want to.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

Dis, Absolutely. Few of the pros are.

MMA is mixed martial arts and Fedor is the best fighter pound to pound. He's been on a rampage for ... 4 years? and beaten everyone soundly, he is so good, that he is having difficulties getting fights. The top 10 of HW division in the world fights all the time, but the very #1 that is him doesn't get that much fights. Other fighters are actually afraid of him. He entered word championships in combat sambo just recently, a tournament, and won it with one 40 second fight. Becase the other two would give up. Even the guy who got to the finals just took his silver. They didn't want to face Fedor. That says a lot about him. Pro fighters rather give up than face him, which kind of is losing face, quitting before even trying. But they don't want to get their faces smashed, the dude hits HARD and ACCURATELY and A LOT.

Fedor is cold as ice. He is the best fighter in the world and has been for the last 4 years. Even when organizations claim they have the best fighters, Fedor is recognized as the top dog by everyone and everyone wants to sign him, but no one wants to really fight him . Just youtube his name and see why.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X