Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krill
    *shrug* Humans can not survive without other animals. They can survive without us. I'd say that animals are on some levels our superiors.
    Horses cannot survive without grass. Grass can survive without horses. I'd say that grass is on some level superior to horses .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      If you're going to act like an arrogant *****, at least get your terms right. Animals may not be sapient, but they are sentient.
      I'm pretty sure he was using it in a more restricted meaning identical to "self-aware".

Comment

I keep hearing vegatarianism is "the healthiest" yet all the vegetarians I know are anything but. They are in the same camp as the people relying on homeopathy for their medical care.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          I'm pretty sure he was using it in a more restricted meaning identical to "self-aware".
          Then he should have said sapient. Sentience is the ability to sense things, even if dumb humans think it means more.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
            I keep hearing vegatarianism is "the healthiest" yet all the vegetarians I know are anything but. They are in the same camp as the people relying on homeopathy for their medical care.
            For me it's the other way around
            Lots of fatty meat eaters, lots of veggies with regular body weight
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Dis,

For you to be so worried and racked with guilt about something over which you have no control...I think you have too much time on your hands. Get married...have kids...you'll find that your worries about global warming will evaporate.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Ignorance is bliss.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Who said anything about ignorance?

Comment

I did, clearly.

Comment

I took it as being in reference to what I said in my first post...you were accusing me of being ignorant - no?

Comment

The idea that you can make a problem go away by paying attention to other things strikes me as bliss through ignorance.

Comment

Did I say it would make the problem go away? (assuming it is a problem)

Nope.

Comment

If the problem is his worries about global warming, then yes, you said it would go away.

Comment

That's enough trolling for one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X