Let's talk about democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to try a Bebrocracy. So long a I can be your chief advisor
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

i believe the official title is chief eunuch.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
        I think that a Blakatorship could work well . I know best when it comes to empire management.
        Given your passion for slavery, I'm not sure I'd like to see that government
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Given your passion for slavery, I'm not sure I'd like to see that government
          It would be a very efficient form of government I suppose... And Solver you'd probably be a settled GP, so no worries about being whipped there.

I do wonder who would actually run the country? Blake or the AI?
          Last edited by Heraclitus; November 14, 2007, 16:16.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            I'd rather talk about these philosophers:

I thought poly had enough of Nietzsche…

Socratese? Well I suppose the use of the Socratic method would certainly raise the bar in most threads.

And it's a free forum, start a thread about any of those and delight at the philospam I'll inflict upon it.

(seriusly though start one, I'd love to disscus any of those guys... except Aristotel... *I* have had quite enough of HIM)
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Re: Re: Let's talk about democracy

Originally posted by MarkG
              that guy is not moving his lips!!

OMG, platos statue has come to life!!11! Marble zombies!!!

He doesn’t worry me. The sphinx on the other hand can be a real ***** though.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                Didn't I already explain that Slovenia isn't part of the West?
                So what you're implying is that Slovenian democracy has no corruption? I wouldn’t be that optimistic, but hey why should I spoil the positive publicity?

PS Concerning democracy, Plato may be saying that it seems to be a very shiny form of government. DanQ would approve... ok if that isn’t reason for revolution I don’t know what is.

Comment

Did you vote for Tuerk?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                    Did you vote for Tuerk?
                    Petrle had the support of the current coalition and I didn't like how they did things, so yes. But I would have preferred it if Gaspari had made it to the second round... You've probably noticed a slight leftist tendency in me by now...

BTW I have no clue why any of the other polytubbies should care? These things are best discussed through PM's...

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

It would be a very efficient form of government I suppose... And Solver you'd probably be a settled GP, so no worries about being whipped there.

I do wonder who would actually run the country? Blake or the AI?
                      Both. Obviously I can't tell everyone what to do, so I would have robot minions .
                      The problem with dictatorships is inefficiency. However enlightened the dictator may be, he can't be everywhere at once, so in some places his dictations will be inappropriate for the local conditions.
                      That's where the "Governor Robots" come in, they analyze the prevailing local conditions and shuffle around the workforce as appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                      X