Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about democracy

I'll star with a bit of Plato

Some aspects are dated others not quite so...
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Democracy means no corruption

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Democracy means no corruption
        You sure you live in the western world?

Anyway you're wrong, you get an extra hammer for towns, oh and can rush with gold...
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Didn't I already explain that Slovenia isn't part of the West?

With regards to democracy, it is both good and bad. I can't go into details today. Trust me.

Comment

democracy is the worst form of government...except for all the others.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

They didn't accept me as King, so I support democracy now.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                democracy is the worst form of government...except for all the others.
                ... which have been tried.

Comment

Indeed. Bebrocracy has never been tried
                  Blah

Comment

I think that a Blakatorship could work well . I know best when it comes to empire management.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                      Bebrocracy has never been tried

Of course. People dont want universal and perpetual
                      happiness; they could no longer complain.
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                        I think that a Blakatorship could work well . I know best when it comes to empire management.
                        QFT

Comment

Re: Let's talk about democracy

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                          I'll star with a bit of Plato
                          that guy is not moving his lips!!
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'd rather talk about these philosophers:

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                              Indeed. Bebrocracy has never been tried
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X