• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOLcats have nothing on this...

[q=BBC]
    Cat's daily routine baffles owner
    Sgt Podge is collected by car every day
    Sgt Podge is collected between 0800 and 0815 GMT every day
    A cat is baffling his owner by wandering off at night before expecting to be collected by car every morning at exactly the same time and place.

Sgt Podge, a Norwegian Forest Cat, disappears from his owner's home in Talbot Woods, Bournemouth, every night.

The next morning, the 12-year-old cat can always be found in exactly the same place, on a pavement about one and a half miles (2.4km) away.

His owner, Liz Bullard, takes her son to school before collecting Sgt Podge.

She said the routine began earlier this year, when Sgt Podge disappeared one day.

Sgt Podge is collected by his owner
    Owner Liz Bullard thinks Sgt Podge crosses a golf course every night

Ms Bullard rang the RSPCA and began telephoning her neighbours to see if anyone had seen him.

An elderly woman who lived about one and a half miles away called back to say she had found a cat matching Sgt Podge's description.

Ms Bullard collected him but within days he vanished again. She rang the elderly woman to find Sgt Podge was back outside her home.

She said a routine has now become established, where each morning she takes her son to school before driving to collect Sgt Podge from the pavement between 0800 and 0815 GMT.

It is thought Sgt Podge walks across Meyrick Park Golf Course every night to reach his destination.

Ms Bullard said: "If it's raining he may be in the bush but he comes running if I clap my hands."

Sgt Podge going home by car
    When he gets home Sgt Podge has breakfast before going to sleep

All she has to do is open the car passenger door from the inside for Sgt Podge to jump in.

Ms Bullard also makes the trip at weekends and during school holidays - when her son is having a lie in.

She does not know why, after 12 years, Sgt Podge has begun the routine but explained that another woman who lived nearby used to feed him sardines, and that he may be on the look-out for more treats.

"As long as you know where they are you don't mind as a cat owner," Ms Bullard said.

"I know where to collect him - as long as he's not wandering the streets."

Back at home, Sgt Podge has breakfast before going to sleep by a warm radiator. [/q]

Atleast the cat doesn't need to go on walkies and lets the owner stay in the car... cats
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

The cat is clearly taking the píss, or doing it for a bet.

Comment

Ms Bullard also makes the trip at weekends and during school holidays - when her son is having a lie in.
      "having a lie in"... sounds much more dignified then "sleeping in". For now on will always try and have my verbs make me sound more active.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
        That's what I thought, except...it's a sodding cat!
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

From a cat's perspective, their 'owners' are just staff. This cat is merely taking it to a new level.

Comment

So the cat is now a troll?

Comment

Teh cat should learn not to go on weekends and school holidays
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Wonder what the cat woudl do if you locked him in at night? Go psycotic maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Teh cat should learn not to go on weekends and school holidays
                  Life in catland goes on.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Except on Caturdays

Caturday

Add to My Profile | More Videos
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I need complete silence....
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

awesome LS

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

I allow my cats roam the apartment hallway when I go check the mail. They will often run to the wrong door when I return. My stupid cats can't even tell their own apartment door from the neighbours'.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Well, if you always leave (fresh) food on the inside of your door, then I'm sure your cats will know exactly what door to go to...

Comment

Working...
                            X