• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My condolences Dis.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Sorry man...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Sorry Dis.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Re: my dog is dying

Originally posted by Dis
          I shouldn't have waited, but I don't think it wouldn't have made much difference.
          Focus on making her comfortable for what time she has left.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

well I'm back, I'm convinced my dog is immortal.

I'm thinking either a mis diagnosis or he's just trying to get money out of me doing chemo therapy treatments.

She is losing weight though, and has a sore on the sides of her gum. Beathing is still a bit fast at times, but she's eating well and not really losing that much weight. She may live another month. So I can't really put my life on hold waiting for my dog to die.

Thanks for the concern all.

Comment

Is it poor taste to mention that last november, 1 of my 2 cats died at 15 (Liver Cancer).

This november, my other cat looks like she'll be put down tomorrow (Kidney Failure, she's 15 also).

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Not bad taste. Just sad.

We need a Pet Subforum.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That's sad to hear, both from Asher and Dis
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                    We need a Pet Subforum.
                    agreed! and who better to MODerate it than Wezil!
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Man, this REALLY sucks, Dis.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I am in your corner Dis

I have loved every pet I have ever had, more than my father

We had a put down a pet that had a tough time with cancer as well. We kept the quality of life for as long as we could before we made the decssion. We were both present to say good bye as they gave the shot.
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

thanks again.

Well today I made the toughest decision in the course of my life. My dog's condition worsened since saturday night. She was doing pretty good up until then. Though I'm still not sure how much pain she was actually in. But she was limping pretty bad. Lameness is one of the symptoms of this cancer. And she had at least 2 legs bothering her. and her energy levels were real bad. I didn't think she would ever get out of bed this morning. And she pretty much stopped licking herself (she had a habit of licking her paws) and lick me, and she didn't scratch anymore.

But eventually she did get out of bed, and as the time neared and I took her I had second thoughts. Her energy levels seemed pretty good. but she was always happy to go for rides, so this perked her up. But she just wasn't the same. It was a tough decision. More of a quality of life thing, than pain. Though I'm pretty sure she was hurting bad when she was standing and walking. But seemed okay lying down except for the heavy breathing and low energy.

This is just 1000 times worse than my father. Though there were some issues with alcoholism there. And even though they weren't entirely his fault, perhaps I blame him for the bad childhood I had.

And in many ways I was closer to my dog than anyone. I have trouble expressing some emotions around humans, but not my dog. She was my best friend. Yeah I managed to make a few friends the past 2 years (though most have faded away since I got fired), she was always the best. She was my buddy and companion. And this is very difficult to get through.

Comment

This is the firth death I witnessed. Kind of weird, but I'm kind of glad I did it. I didn't want her to be alone and scared, though she was very friendly and had no problem being with the vets. But with my father he died when I was in the Persian gulf, I never saw his body, nor his final deterioration (though he was going down for years). Now I know why seeing the body is important, something I didn't really understand before.

Kind of weird touching a dead body. She kept her heat pretty well. I was there probably another 15 minutes after death. Her skin tightened a bit, but wasn't real hard. I tried shutting her eyelids, but dogs eyelids don't shut like humans, so that wasn't possible. But it was interesting looking into her eyes. And she was still very soft to pet even after death.

Perhaps if I saw my father's body I would have cried for him. I tried to force myself to cry for him, but it wasn't happening. My dog on the other hand... So in some ways this is the first death I really had to deal with. And now I see why in some tv programs and movies characters express guilt over stupid things, I feel guilt over things like leaving her to go to California last month. She started getting sick when I was gone.

Comment

I know that's right, Dis. A pet is nearly a child.
                              Hang in there.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We're all with you, Dis, in this terrible time.

Comment

Working...
                                X