X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cake

Sienna Miller in Layer Cake
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      I'll say chocolate cake. It's my favourite.
      Me & Ben need to hang out together more!

Comment

I vote for cake.

To me, both pies and cakes should be sweet with fruit fillings. That's just how I roll, ya?

But then check this out. I went to this hardcore weirdass country calling itself "Britain" (when everybody else knows it's called "England") and they have pies there that have meat in them. With the same luscious buttery pastry crustings too!

Some of those meat pies are nice, I'll grant you that. The steak and kidney pies are nice, and they do some really interesting things with sausage rolls. (Beef Wellington is also to die for.) But I tried a pork pie, thinking it would be fruit, because I was fooled by the sprig of holly and the cranberry topping on it. I almost puked my gucking futs out, I swear!

Afterwards my guardian denied any knowledge of this but I am convinced tis an evil British plot. English plot, I mean. They also have some fairly unspeakable standards for dishwashing cleanliness that I never thought I'd see in a developed nation, but I can save that rant for another day.
        Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; November 6, 2007, 16:26.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
          I vote for cake.

To me, both pies and cakes should be sweet with fruit fillings. That's just how I roll, ya?

But then check this out. I went to this hardcore weirdass country calling itself "Britain" (when everybody else knows it's called "England") and they have pies there that have meat in them. With the same luscious buttery pastry crustings too!

Some of those meat pies are nice, I'll grant you that. The steak and kidney pies are nice, and they do some really interesting things with sausage rolls. (Beef Wellington is also to die for.) But I tried a pork pie, thinking it would be fruit, because I was fooled by the sprig of holly and the cranberry topping on it. I almost puked my gucking futs out, I swear!

Afterwards my guardian denied any knowledge of this but I am convinced tis an evil British plot. English plot, I mean. They also have some fairly unspeakable standards for dishwashing cleanliness that I never thought I'd see in a developed nation, but I can save that rant for another day.
          Hey Alinestra... have you met Pekka yet?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I do have my fingers in many pies these cakes, and quite a few tarts as well.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Hmmmmmm - pork pie........

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
              X