No announcement yet.

Drunk guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there is nothing funny about *that*...
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

I can't name any religus figures... without substantial verbal aggresion towards me and posibly even real threats... And baning...
      Well, Odin and Thor or the asa religion are a bit bloody, but not as bad as christianity or islamism - they have for certain murdered many more millions than the asa's have, but well, maybe we hadn't time enough before we were converted.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
        Karl Marx, I like that interpretation of him in this play (Marx in Soho) ...
        I didn't watch it.

Actually I thought it looked vaguely like Nick Nolte with a beard, but I thought Lucas was funnier.

Sadly I was wrong on all counts.
        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
        —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Well, Odin and Thor or the asa religion are a bit bloody, but not as bad as christianity or islamism - they have for certain murdered many more millions than the asa's have, but well, maybe we hadn't time enough before we were converted.
          I didn't say all religions... But the ones that won the process of social evolution (except Budhism and several notable examples but social democracy too hasn't killed millons of people...)
          Last edited by Heraclitus; October 29, 2007, 21:18.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Erhm, just to clarify - I don't think that there exist a non dangerous religion. Some may seem amicable but at some point the scaly head of religion raises its head and it start killing.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
            X