Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

France surrenders and suffers another major defeat... to CBS' 60 Minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France surrenders and suffers another major defeat... to CBS' 60 Minutes.

LOLEROFLCOPTERCOASTER what a tool.

Video at link.

French President walks out on 60 Minutes interview
    David Edwards and Nick Juliano
    Published: Sunday October 28, 2007

French President Nicholas Sarkozy is known as a fan of most things American -- except, apparently, the country's news programs.

An irritated Sarkozy walked out of an interview aired Sunday with CBS's 60 Minutes after correspondent Leslie Stahl asked him about his relationship with his estranged wife.

The interview was taped before Sarkozy and his wife announced their divorce.

"If I had something to say about Cecilia, I would certainly not do so here," Sarkozy said through an interpreter.

Stahl pressed further, asking if, "no comment," was his only reply.

"Quite right ... no comment," Sarkozy said, before removing his microphone, shaking Stahl's hand and walking off.

The segment, titled "Sarko L'Americain," focused on the changing relationship between France and America since Sarkozy's election. It was based on at least two interviews with the French president, and he walked out on an interview conducted two weeks before his divorce was announced earlier this month.

The New York Times summed up the French public's reaction to the divorce as "a collective shrug."

Read more about Leslie's Stahl's interview with French President Sarkozy at this link.

The following video is from CBS's 60 Minutes, broadcast on October 28, 2007.
    Gee, it's not like the subject couldn't be changed and the interview moved forward after "No comment" to discussion of him and his estranged wife. Even VP Darth Cheney stayed put during an interview when asked about his silent hypocrisy over his lesbian daughter and the President's canard about a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. Sarkozy = Wuss
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Been there. Done that.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X