Shut up and bend over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut up and bend over

LONDON - Britain's first Muslim government minister was disappointed after being pulled aside for questioning at a U.S. airport for the second time in a year, he said Sunday.

International Development Minister Shahid Malik said he was detained for about 40 minutes at Dulles Airport in Washington on Sunday morning and his hand luggage was tested for traces of explosives. Malik was returning to London after talks on tackling terrorism with U.S. officials.

Last November, Malik was detained for an hour at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport as he flew in to deliver a speech on tackling extremism and defeating terrorism at an event co-organized by the U.S. Homeland Security Department.

"I am deeply disappointed," Malik said.

"The abusive attitude I endured last November I forgot about and I forgave, but I really do believe that British ministers and parliamentarians should be afforded the same respect and dignity at U.S.A. airports that we would bestow upon our colleagues in the Senate and Congress.

"Obviously, there was no malice involved, but it has to be said that the U.S.A. system does not inspire confidence."

He should stop acting so suspiciously.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Politicians should be monitored more closely.

Comment

Ah shucks.

Comment

He needs to change his name,
        carry an Israeli passport
        and tell people he's Jewish.

Then, there'll be no problemo!

Comment

why should politicians be regarded as high places when normal citizens arent? Just last year while meeting my kids at the airport in eugene oregon, i was tackled and knocked to the ground trying to greet my kids that i hadnt seen in a month. The kids were being accompanied to the exit gate by the sponsor, when he saw me he montioned to me to come over, i did and when i reached the gate the secruity dude who looked like a wrestler tackled and knocked me to the ground i say tackle all the politicians too
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Sounds like you were a menace. You should have been tasered.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

i can see how responding to someone calling u to the gate comes off as a menace. The body slam worked just as well tyvm, no need to get electrical current involved when i wasnt moving after the tackle
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

OMG, I had no idea you were a terrorist!

We need a metal detector and bomb sniffing dogs to scan posters here. Keep Apolyton safe!
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I already started reporting Poly posters to the appropriate authorities.

Comment

DAM !!!!! i have been found out.
                    Isnt that why this site has a 50 something yo smelly fbi agent???

Oh well

Comment

At least you didn't say, "Don't tase me, bro!" Then you'd be subject to endless mockery.

Not that you aren't already, you terrorist.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your experience at the Eugene airport Mrs T. I've had problems trying to get those baggage screeners to tape up boxes after searching them or put locks back on luggage. Last trip one guy was was even rude to me because I was carrying an ant trap in my checked luggage. Very strange behavior.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Calling B Etor, terrists done been found.

terrorists
                          tourists
                          OMFG teh confushun!1!!
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I thought Wezil was going in dry.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I should get a job there for a summer or so. Get on that power trip... "Sir, please come with me. What? Well we're going to find out if there's any problems, why would you ask that, if you're not guilty? Sir, look at me in the eyes. Dont' wave your head, look at me in the eyes, let me look at you. Sir, stop shaking your head. OK I've had enoughw ith you, SHUT UP AND BEND OVER!"

Oh what a perfect thing that would be. I'd shout that at least once a day.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X