Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berzerker
    we see your true environmental colors now
    Geez dude, my employment depends on the trucking industry. Do you think environment is my top concern?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Geez dude, up until now you were condemning golf because of its environmental impact. Now we see you make your living by murdering Mother Nature!

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
        Geez dude, up until now you were condemning golf because of its environmental impact. Now we see you make your living by murdering Mother Nature!
        I wasn't condemning it, just pointing out a strong counter argument. I was hoping someone that actually gave a damn would pick it up since golf is such a silly game.

I don't personally murder Mother Nature. I just aid and abet.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Just aiding and abetting? Hmm. Much like golfers...

And it should be pointed out that there is a fast-growing movement for more responsible environmental stewardship in golf, using natural pesticides and fertilizers, using less water, and incorporating wetlands into course design. The Audubon Society is heavily involved, both in terms of direction and recognition. In addition, environmental ecology is now required training for golf course superintendents.

The elitist thing? Well, yeah, rich guys play, but they generally belong to private clubs. The vast majority of us play at public courses, where fees are reasonable and, while there's etiquette, there's not much snootiness. Just good fun among friends.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's like golf. I would never play that. The game is probably interesting, to try to put a ball in the hole is maybe fun, but it is these people you have to go and hang around -- golfers -- the rest of them, the rest of them. These dorks in hats and checkered pants. You don't want to be near these people. And they all walk around -- they hit ball, they have a crooked stick, first of all, a crooked stick, hit a ball, walk after it, hit it again.

I say pick it up, put it in your pocket, go home, You're lucky you found it the first time, you know. They don't think of these things.

Comment

Working...
            X