Do you like golf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like golf?

I mean I never really liked it. Maybe because it was always on TV and I didn't give it a chance or I thought it's an elitist game and only rich *******s play the game. Which might be still true, I mean come on!!!

But oh well. I've kind of fallen for it. Not only do I find it very interesting, I find it exciting. I find it very complicated, the techniques are very .... it's a game you can learn all your life. So anyway, I've added it to my list of possible things to do, because so far after I get my company running good and score big, that's when I go for my semi-pro poker career, not winning much but not losing much either, just enjoying the atmosphere and going to the tournaments and cash tables. I've played poker for about... 3 or 4 years now, not a lot of time but tons of hands. Well I wouldn't be able to do well with pros, but I know the math and I like the game so I know I will like the game for a long time to come so that's all it is, the challenge. Not so much the money, I'd prolly lose it all anyway .

So that, I'd like to run my business half the year, then the other half spend playing poker and blackjack, I might be able to squeeze golf in for sure. I don't think I'll be good at it, I think I'll be the worst player ever, but I'll give it a try since I've gotten quite the excitement for it.

So anyway, this might mean I have to ditch few countries to work in. No decent poker. That's the first rule. I need my poker, so golf might be a new requirement. By the way this all is going, I have to live near Las Vegas or something. But I don't want to live there. My racist tendencies lets me think if I go play some serious games in for example Hong Kong or so, some local triad will cut my balls off. You never know!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Driving range
    Mini golf
    Golf
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
      Driving range
      Mini golf
      Golf
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Golf
        Mini Golf
        The "19th hole"
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that reminded me of the golfers here.
          "I'd rather be driving a Titleist"
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I always thought it was overrated. Germans don't even drive them anymore, they switched to Audi, BMW and Mercedes, so why should the rest of us?

Comment

What?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                What?
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  What?

Does more than 10mpg, so it's probably unavailable in the US.

Comment

Oh man, I love them Audis... Now that's a quality car, I'd like an Audi for myself. Not talking about the super luxury cars, but more like the ... a bit better than the average car grouping. In that grouping, I'd like an Audi, thank you. It's just a quality car, quality engineering.

I'd like that one... Audi A8.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

golf's great, but the people playing it usually aren't
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

A complete waste of space. Not that I have any hard figures, but the square meters per golfer ratio must be worse than for any other sport or recreational activity known to mankind.

Comment

oh no!! Not Pekka!!! And I thought you were a real man. Don't fall to the dark side.

it's an elitist sport, just admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                            A complete waste of space. Not that I have any hard figures, but the square meters per golfer ratio must be worse than for any other sport or recreational activity known to mankind.
                            As the anti hero in the movie Falling Down says: (paraphrase) they should be using that space for a park. There should be children playing there.

Comment

Dis, I KNOW it's an elitist game. But I'd like to try it, how difficult it is. Besides it seems like a good idea to spend a day in golf course when the sun shines, if in one of those beautiful courses. They look very tempting.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X