• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crazy excriment batman!

Doctors battle to save 'human pin-cushion'
    By Richard Spencer and Juliet Turner
    Last Updated: 5:47pm BST 25/10/2007

Doctors in China have saved the life of a woman who had 26 pins and needles inserted into her body when she was a child in an apparent attempt to change her sex to a boy.

The objects were discovered when the 29-year-old woman, named in local papers as Luo Cuifen, went to hospital for a check-up after she started experiencing blood in her urine.

They had penetrated vital organs such as the lungs, kidney and liver, while a needle in her brain had broken into three pieces.

Others in her chest were lodged near major arteries.

The woman believes they were inserted into her as a child by her grandparents, who were disappointed she was not a boy.

They are now dead, but if true, it would be another example of the effects of the heavy preference for boys over girls in many parts of Asia.

Since the one-child policy came into force, around the time of Miss Luo's birth, many girl children have been aborted, abandoned, or killed after birth – in some cases by grandparents.

Miss Luo, who comes from a rural area in Yunnan, one of China's poorer provinces, told doctors she had two needles removed when she was a child but had had no health problems until she gave birth.
    Scary stuff ><

So any Polyites find out at the age of 29 your body is filled with needles becauseof your grandparents lol?

It's excrement.

No.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I claim poetic liscence, insofar as poets can be nuts and no one ever seems to care or raise issue.

If I can get everyone else to spell excriment with an I, we can march on the Webster Dictionarty Castle Of Solitude And Spelling and demand they change the spelling.

Comment

("license")
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

how would a pin change her into a boy? Pins would create more holes, not less holes.

Chinese are friggin' crazy. They are just lucky the men don't have access to guns, or they'd shoot up a bunch of people because they can't find a mate. You can't have ridiculously more men than women.

When will they realize women serve a useful purpose in society?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            how would a pin change her into a boy? Pins would create more holes, not less holes.
            It's SUPER Acupuncture .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Wtf China?!?

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
              X