No announcement yet.

Should the UN move out of New York?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few reminders for all those who want to get rid of Texas. First, don't blame us for Bush. The spawn of Bush senior was born in New Haven, Connecticut. It's like saying Hitler was German. Hitler was in fact Austrian.

Also, we have Austin Texas and the Houston Space Center and we help keep minorities away from other states by executing them. Without us you guys would never have mediocre shows like King of the Hill and Walker Texas Range. Show some damn respect.

Comment

I see it pointless to move the UN out of NYC.
      "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

Why move? It's not that big a deal.

If the UN should move anywhere, it should move to Jerusalem. That way, all the UN people can see the longest-running civil war of modern times close up, and hopefully reflect on their efforts.
        Taillesskangaru @ www.civunited.net

Comment

Dead even tie on the poll.

I should have broken it down between US and Non-US posters.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
            If the UN moves out the US, I wouldn't be surprised if the US moves out of the UN.
            Remember when the Russians stalked out of the UN during the debate over North Koreas invasion of South Korea? You know what happened next, right? The US has a nice big fat Security Council veto on a permanent basis, so no, the US would not quit the UN.

I know so many people down here who want the US out of the UN because they hate the UN for every time it hasn't acted as a rubber stamp for US policy that I had to break the tie. I'd love to see it happen and then to hear these guys whine about the results.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The veto can only restrain the UN from acting, since the others in there either won't or can't act it really isn't all that useful to us, except to stop pointless death to Israel resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                A few reminders for all those who want to get rid of Texas. First, don't blame us for Bush. The spawn of Bush senior was born in New Haven, Connecticut. It's like saying Hitler was German. Hitler was in fact Austrian.

Also, we have Austin Texas and the Houston Space Center and we help keep minorities away from other states by executing them. Without us you guys would never have mediocre shows like King of the Hill and Walker Texas Range. Show some damn respect.
                Pfft. The only good thing to come out of Texas is the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

speaking of which, Isn't it time to get rid of permanent security council seats? how does that treat every country equally?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    speaking of which, Isn't it time to get rid of permanent security council seats? how does that treat every country equally?
                    The problem is that powerful countries are not going to be part of a system in which they are equated to smaller countries, and an international system without the world powers won't work.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                    X