Well it's about time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's about time!

PORT ALLEN, La. - With a councilman saying underwear "is called underwear for a reason," another Cajun-country town has banned saggy pants from its streets.

The ordinance, passed unanimously Monday by the Port Allen City Council, requires pants to be secured at the waist so they do not fall below the hips, expose underwear or create indecent exposure.

Violators could be fined $25 to $250 for a first offence, and $250 to $500 for repeat offences.

Council member Ray Helen Lawrence said she voted for the ordinance only because she got numerous calls from constituents who consider the look a fashion faux pas. Many said they associate droopy outerwear with crime, she added.

Council member Hugh Riviere said he didn't want to view other people's undergarments, saying it "is called underwear for a reason."

Stephanie DeLaney, one of two women asking the council to reject the proposal, said lightheartedly that she has lost weight, so she sometimes wears baggy pants.

"I'd hate for someone to call the cops on me for that," she said.

Seven other Louisiana communities have passed similar droopy drawers ordinances: Eunice, Shreveport, Alexandria, Delcambre, Mansfield, Lafourche and Pointe Coupee parishes. Two others - Lake Charles and the St. Mary Parish town of Baldwin - are considering them.

Next up. Goths.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

RIP Whale-tail thong? We hardly knew you...

Comment

Stephanie DeLaney, one of two women asking the council to reject the proposal, said lightheartedly that she has lost weight, so she sometimes wears baggy pants.

"I'd hate for someone to call the cops on me for that," she said.
      To which I respond lightheartedly, "Then buy a belt, dumbass."
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
        RIP Whale-tail thong? We hardly knew you...
        I wonder if they are included? They would seem to be by the spirit of the law but the wording may raise an issue. Some (not all of course) whale tail sightings are caused by underwear too high, not pants too low.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why doesn't he do something meaningful like ban female tattoos and breast fakeness?
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
            Why doesn't he do something meaningful like ban female tattoos and breast fakeness?
            Probably because of underfunding to hire a full time inspector, no joke, it isnt as easy as some would think to be able to detect fake boobies
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

They should hire me then. It is all in the bounce. Real ones giggle like a bowl of jelly. Fake ones just protrude. It would be easier to detect with no bras, so bras would have to be banned.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I like where you are going with this Bkeela. May I propose an amendment? No bras for those under 30.

Comment

Calm down folks, please, calm down

Now, tru dat, we would need inspectors, but as an inspector, you would only enforce the rules set forth by a committee that reviewed any/all enforcement codes

Ok, so we would propose Bras over the age of 30.

Reasonable

Lets keep these ideas coming, then we could forward them onward.
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Look at that pic. She's gonna be sagging to her waist before she's 40 if she doesn't wear support. The bigger they are the earlier they need to be hoisted.

I think the rule needs to be:

2×Age + bust measurement in inches > 96
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                    X