No announcement yet.

Oral Roberts laundry list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Oral was part of the Religious Right nutters batting around the Repugs in the 80s-early 90s. The rest of 'em turned out to be just as 'christian' as these yahoos so this really is no surprise.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Some of those really aren't unique. Those housing benefits don't seem very special at all, especially if they entertain alumni and donors.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
        Some of those really aren't unique. Those housing benefits don't seem very special at all, especially if they entertain alumni and donors.
        Is this a defence for the spending or are you just being charitable?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Some of those are standard corrupt business leader sort of things.

Others are extreme, like politician level of corruption.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Politicians don't generally claim to be doing "God's work" though.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe not where you live

Comment

Definitely not where I live.

Comment

Given that we live in Jesusland with Oral Roberts & Co., however...

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                    Definitely not where I live.
                    That's because America is favored by the gods (all of them including the heathen ones) while Canada is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

That's because America is favored by the gods (all of them including the heathen ones) while Canada is not.
                      Yes, it shows.

Comment

*Ahem*

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

People of faith can be elected here but not if that is the core of their candidacy.

Comment

Hence why you're nation is known as Satanada.

Comment

You bet. You should see the debauchery of our everyday lives. Raping, pillaging and generally running amok. Quite tiring really.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                                Yeah, Oral was part of the Religious Right nutters batting around the Repugs in the 80s-early 90s. The rest of 'em turned out to be just as 'christian' as these yahoos so this really is no surprise.
                                Oral Roberts goes back way further than the 1980s, he's older than Billy Graham. His heyday was the 1950s and 1960s. I don't recall that he was particularily politically active in the 1980s. The stuff about people needing to donate money or God would kill him alienated even most of the Republicans of that time.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X