Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a marshal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I figure if it's any worse then it would have that comic "so bad it's good" appeal.
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Its going to suck no doubt about it, nothing new about that, what worries me is that it might be Soooo bad that it causes the Trek franchise to suffer a total warp core breach and literally ends the commercial viability of the franchise both on TV and in theaters. I'm sure lots of people will say that can never happen but look at how badly things have gone in the last series and the mediocre Nemesis movie. Contrast that with the success of a broad range of Sci-Fi series and movies based on either original or far less worn out Franchises. Ask yourself are you so jaded that you've already decided Not to see this unless its recommended by a trusted source, I know I have.

If I somehow had god-like powers to determine ware the Trek Franchise Treked these would be my top three projects.

DS9 Movie - The Return of Sisko - Yes he IS the Messiah, nough said

Post DS9/Voyager Series in which Worf is promoted to Commander and gets Command of his own ship

Series based on the fan made StarShip Exeter series which can be seen at http://www.exeterstudio.com/ its low budget clone which recapture the magic of TOS using the premise of a sister ship to the enterprise and a completely new crew, its two episodes are better written then the entire Voyager series.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

This movie might be okay if Polytubbies are hating on it already.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

Post DS9/Voyager Series in which Worf is promoted to Commander and gets Command of his own ship
          After being an ambassador, shouldn't he be a captain?
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
            Don't you think we ought to know something about the plot before judging it?
            Nope.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

It isn't nesessary to see the plot first. By the cast list it is ovious they are aiming to make a farce. Perhaps Nemoy is involved just to ensure that final nail is hammered in good. This should end the franchise.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Hey b'etor, are you one of those ST kids?
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Nope, he's the one taking the pic
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                    Hey b'etor, are you one of those ST kids?
                    i'm the one holding the baby.
                    that picture was taken august 25, 2000.

Comment

The one in the blue shirt looks more like you than you do.

Comment

oh. that one is 13 now. she's in some of my youtubes
                        we look nothing alike. LOL.
                        the one to her left is mistaken as her twin at times now.

Comment

Star Trek convention or something?
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

we were in vegas and went to the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton and bought outfits after eating in Quark's Bar.

Comment

Karl Urban as Bones? I don't see it.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X