Tooth Extraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tooth Extraction

Damn, I have to get my top left wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow, simple one, 15mins to do, no surgery.

But I have never had tooth extraction before; can someone please tell me it doesn't hurt?
    be free

It can't be worse than posting here.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

I had my fair share of teeth extracted.

It depends. If it is a stable tooth (one that doesn't break) and a good doctor who knows his business, it hurts little to not.

If the tooth breaks however, things can get rough. I had a tooth pulled, the roots of which were spread in different directions like an anchor (we knew that before from X-ray). The doc did his best, but since it was rotten it broke anyway. God I can't describe, how I had to suffer to get these roots out. After 2 hours and with the help of a second doc and 2 nurses we managed to get one root out, part-by-part as it always broke again. One doc helt my head (similar to wrestling), the other hammered and pulled with his pincers, one nurse helt my hands and legs as I was kicking wildly, and one nurse assisted. The second root we could not get out, I had to go to a jaw surgeon the next week, who finally sawed the bone open and got it out. I didn't feel anything this time, as I was so drugged that I couldn't talk, and neither drive, for the rest of the day, and got a one week sickness certificate too.

Do you feel better now? (it's a true story tho).

Comment

dentists make me cry.

Comment

They are torturers. Plain and simple.

They steal your teeth and expect you to be glad about it
          Blah

Comment

Holy crap Sir Ralph! I hope that doesn't happen to me.

I don't think it will, because the dentist took the x-ray and said it will only take 15 mins, so I assume she can tell it will be easy.
            be free

Comment

I didn't exactly count how many teeth I had pulled, but I think it's seven or eight. That was only one that gave such problems, all others went out well.

This one was broken in the middle. 2 weeks before I played (european) football in the military unit where I served. I wore shoes with plastic studs. When I went to get the ball that was kicked out of the field, I ran over a concrete street. I made a pirouette not worse than a figure skater and landed on the concrete with my chin. Broke 2 teeth in the middle, both had to be extracted. One went out well, the other... as described above.

EDIT: Btw I was knocked out. I woke up in the unit hospital not knowing what had happened. My comrades filled me in, later.

Comment

Websites say it doesn't hurt, thanks to the anaesthetic. But I will feel a lot of pressure, a shame I can't read a book while the dentist is doing it, then I can take my mind off it much easier.

Maybe they should make dentist rooms more welcoming, rather than some butchers shop.
                be free

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  They are torturers. Plain and simple.

They steal your teeth and expect you to be glad about it
                  and they put weird tools that make scary noises in your mouth!

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  a shame I can't read a book while the dentist is doing it, then I can take my mind off it much easier.

Maybe they should make dentist rooms more welcoming, rather than some butchers shop.
                  my dentist room is pretty cool. i watch the brady bunch sometimes, but usually i'm staring at the scary dentist making sure he doesn't cut me again or something.

Comment

I did all wisdom teeth in one go. It doesn't hurt, but when teh blood is pooling in your mouth and you can't feel it but you can smell that strong smell of iron, it's a little disconcerting.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

If it's not a surgery, local anaesthetic should do the trick. Pain during the procedure shouldn't be a problem. Afterwards, there will be some seepage and swelling for a day or two, but very little actual pain.

You'll be fine.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Cop
                        12 year Vet of the US Army
                        Semi-pro Football Player

...afraid of the Dentist.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Its a piece of cake.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

General anesthesia is retarded. Dentists are unable to resuscitate you if something goes wrong, eg too much anesthesia or perhaps you just have a weak heart and it gives out.

When I had my wisdom teeth out I got local anesthesia, which was great EXCEPT THE BLOOD WAS EVERYWHERE AND I FELT SO NUMB. I have no idea why I didn't get general anesthesia since apparently all that does is make you feel very groggy when you wake up.

Also do yourself a favor and eat lots of ice cream. There are not many opportunities in life to get free ice cream. Tonsils, birthdays are gimmes but wisdom teeth are a stretch. You have to really get pushy, whether it is with a parent, a girlfriend or a male friend, but it can work. Frozen yogurt is fine if you are on a diet but you lose all respect going that route, and look like a woman concerned about looking fat in her newest dress.

Comment

"groggy", hell I didn't even know my own name for a few minutes.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X