Under the 'Only in Japan' Category...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
    Giant Squid was employed by NOVA until March. He moved on to a competitor in March because of an accounting scandal (looks like that company's not in a good shape). If you call him an anime-obsessed social reject, I will hurt you.

That wouldn't be our long lost fellow Apolytonian Giant Squid, would it???
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
      I know a guy that I role-play with (the old pen, paper and dice form of role-playing) that's studies japanese and is going over there next semester. He actually look quite a lot like a anime character.
      Why do all the RPG guys have Asian fetishes?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A giant pink bunny with a beak, no less. No one knows where the beak comes from. It's the NOVA company mascot. That alone should be enough to give you a hint of what kind of company NOVA is.

I never had to actually dress up as the bunny, but I definitely have some beaked-pink-bunny-related experiences I'm not proud of

And unbeknownst to Ari, I've started watching a little anime since I got here, after being constantly pestered by my students. Some of it (and it pains me to say this) actually is really good. So I suppose I AM an anime-obsessed social reject.

But it could be worse. I could still be an Apolytoner.
        "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

Comment

"I never had to actually dress up as the Bunny..."

...sure, SUUURRE...

It's OK man, we've all had to Be the Bunny at some point in our lives. It's nothing to proud of, but I consider it a rite of passage.

ANIME GEEK NOTE:
          (Oh, and does any other anime watcher think that the new Shippuden opening song SUCKS compared to any others?)
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Why do all the RPG guys have Asian fetishes?
            I don't. When it comes to RPG I'm 100% for the-pigfarmer-gets-his-head-smashed-with-an-axe-on-a-mudy-meadow-during-a-harvest-festival-kind of game. It seems quite common though.
            Last edited by Kropotkin; October 20, 2007, 06:09.

Comment

If they ever get a long-term relationship with an asian, it'll kill their fetish really fast.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Giant Squid was employed by NOVA until March. He moved on to a competitor in March because of an accounting scandal (looks like that company's not in a good shape). If you call him an anime-obsessed social reject, I will hurt you.
                He wouldn't happen to work in accounting, would he?
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Giant Squid was employed by NOVA until March. He moved on to a competitor in March because of an accounting scandal (looks like that company's not in a good shape).
                  He looks like a social reject. Why is he so obsessed with anime?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                    If they ever get a long-term relationship with an asian, it'll kill their fetish really fast.
                    I haven't observed this.

Comment

FETISH GUY:(thinking)OMG, my fantasies have come true!

ASIAN:(thinking)Nag him to get better job every 2 minutes.. when gets better job, repeat.

Comment

This is probably the correct thread...

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Geisha army
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Geisha chainsaw
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                            X