Video games: Nothing good anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spec
    Yo, JM, anyway I can get a guide for this game? I can even get the first mission done. I keep getting blown up...First mission...I have to destroy like 15 ships...wtf.

How the hell can I get good cannond on my ship? I keep spending cash for shlt that doesn't fit....yet...

This is getting annoying.

Spec.
    To fit stuff yo need the skill, and ship to carry the weapons, shields, armor, electronic modules, etc.

If you look on the market, items tell you whether you have the skill requirements for them.

Next thing is a ship, Battleships have more fitting than cruisers which have more fitting than frigates.

There are also generally 3 teirs. The top teir in any class (Cruiser/Frigate) can fit more than the bottom teir.

I don't know what race you are, but top teir frigates include the Rifter, Punisher, and Kestrel. These have more slots to fit things, and more powergrid and CPU to fit things.

Remember the COUNTERGLOW channel and feel free to ask for help there. I will log in in a second (not been on much this week).

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Use tools like http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=548883 to fit your ships...

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Play Portal.

Comment

What the world really needs is a new Robotech video game.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

also don't forget the quebec channel...

people are really helpful
            bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Play Portal.
              Agreed

And after the ~2-3 hours it takes to finish the main game, take a look at the advanced bonus maps (they're much better and tougher than the normal maps they represent)

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

question for those who have played this game. ES4: Oblivion.

The controls are horrible! I can't play this way. And some people say NWN2 is bad. But ES4 is unplayable! Didn't ES3 Morrowind have double mouse click movement? I seem to remember it did. And kotor 1 and 2 had it too, and I loved that. So did World of Warcraft. This game is broken. a and d keys strafe and don't rotate. how retarded is that. Sure I can assign those to q and e, but you still can't rotate except with the mouse. And you can't hold that, or bounces back. So you can't even get a close up of your face. argh.

Anyone know of a mod to fix this?

Funny thing is I played a little bit last year before I got bored of it in 1 day. I don't know how I did it. I know my video card isn't up to spec, but that doesn't seem to be what's stopping me. I figured if a game has such super high reviews as this one, I should give it another chance.

Comment

ES4: Oblivion uses standard WASD controls lay-out typical for any FPS.
                  If you want to give the game another chance try it with Obscuro Oblivion Overhaul (it's about 400Mb). OOO is a great mod which incredibly enhance the game and make it really shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    question for those who have played this game. ES4: Oblivion.

The controls are horrible! I can't play this way. And some people say NWN2 is bad. But ES4 is unplayable! Didn't ES3 Morrowind have double mouse click movement? I seem to remember it did. And kotor 1 and 2 had it too, and I loved that. So did World of Warcraft. This game is broken. a and d keys strafe and don't rotate. how retarded is that. Sure I can assign those to q and e, but you still can't rotate except with the mouse. And you can't hold that, or bounces back. So you can't even get a close up of your face. argh.
                    I don't remember any such problem.
                    a and d, q and e, I remember ones are for strafe the others are for rotate, although I don't remember which ones for what.

To move the camera around, it was something like:
                    TAB, then move mouse while holding the right-click (use the wheel to zoom in and out).
                    I don't remember exactly, it's so long ago, but I'd say RTFM, it all in there.
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

k I'm getting used to wasd controls (somewhat), but I can't seem to move the cursor around. I finally got the crosshairs to show up, But you can't seem to pick anything up or activate it unless it is directly in front of you. Perhaps this is how morrowind was and I just don't remember.

I want to be able to move the cursor, click something to pick it up without moving the character and camera around. Is this possible?

And combat is kind of fun, but it really is an action game. You really can't call this an rpg.

The biggest problem is I can't seem to accurately target anything. I have to move around, move the camera until the crosshairs are on something and I get the text showing I'm on the right thing. Often I misclick and talk to the wrong person. This is a horrible system! Why can't there be a cursor I can move to click in game objects and people?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

Agreed

And after the ~2-3 hours it takes to finish the main game, take a look at the advanced bonus maps (they're much better and tougher than the normal maps they represent)

QFT. Some people seem to think that a game is only worth playing if it has 20 hours of gameplay. I really appreciated Portal's length since I rarely have the time to finish a game, meaning that I simply never see a lot of the gameplay and best bits.
                          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            k I'm getting used to wasd controls (somewhat), but I can't seem to move the cursor around. I finally got the crosshairs to show up, But you can't seem to pick anything up or activate it unless it is directly in front of you. Perhaps this is how morrowind was and I just don't remember.

I want to be able to move the cursor, click something to pick it up without moving the character and camera around. Is this possible?
                            No.

Originally posted by Dis And combat is kind of fun, but it really is an action game. You really can't call this an rpg.

The biggest problem is I can't seem to accurately target anything. I have to move around, move the camera until the crosshairs are on something and I get the text showing I'm on the right thing. Often I misclick and talk to the wrong person. This is a horrible system! Why can't there be a cursor I can move to click in game objects and people?
                            This system is fine as long as you play at first person view, don't switch to a third person view and everything will be ok.
                            And try OOO it makes combat different as well as many other things like lockpicking, persuasion, trade, etc. That mod really makes Olivion more a RPG than a shooter.

Comment

hmm after a few hours I'm bored of Oblivion already. This has be the most boring game in existance. How could this game get over 90% reviews by almost everyone? It's really hard on my system as well. My video card is way too low for this game. Only thing keeping me alive is 2 gigs of ram.

I may force myself to finish the main quest though. Travel is unfun, luckily you can get fast travel somehow. I still haven't figured it out. For some reason travelling through the wilderness is safer than the roads. I haven't figured that one out. So I cut through the wilderness to save a long way around on the roads. Worked out pretty good. One rat and one wolf is all I found. compared to the roads which are crawling with bandits and imps.

And if you stop to pick flowers, you'll never finish. There's a gazillion of them!! I have to draw the line somewhere. Is alchemy even worth it?

The game is pretty jerky because of my system. But I suck at bows anyways, I'm pretty much stuck at melee. It's the only thing I can hit anything at . I suck at aiming at range. So I won't try destruction spells. And melee alone just isn't interesting to me. I could use spells for buffs, but that isn't necessary as I destroy everything. As of know I only use spells to heal myself.

And not being able to name save games . Not a big deal with only one char, but with more than one char is confusing.

Comment

i CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GET A COMPY THAT SUPPORTS ORANGE BOX
                                APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Working...
                                X