"We just want Jews to be perfected."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    Any Christian ought to think that an ideal country would have only Christians. Otherwise you have people who are further from God, which is bad for them. Those people would be better off as Christians.
    Which is kind of why I think true Christians are scary.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So you think people would be better off as atheists?

Comment

People would be better off thinking for themselves instead of being dogmatic. Most Christians I've run into actually do think diversity is a good thing, or at least something that is ok and not something that needs to be changed.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I agree with Kuciwalker and Shrapnel12.

How can one call himself Christian if he/she doesn't believe in what's written in the Bible? "If you don't believe that Jesus is your God and also is son of God, you go to Hell no matter what, unless you're a baby."

I've thought USA was a country with free speech and free religion, and therefore you could think, say and believe in whatever you want, unless what you say is a direct call to illegal action.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Everything she said is the logical conclusion of the common tenets of Christianity.
            Except she ignores virtually everything Christ actually taught. Camel through the eye of a needle. Widows mote. Mote and beam. Turn the other cheek. Love thine enemy. Good samaritan. Judge not lest ye be judged. Let he who is perfect cast the first stone.

It's like we live in bizzaro Christian world...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              People would be better off thinking for themselves instead of being dogmatic.

That's stupid. You can, presumably, become a Christian by thinking for yourself. But, it doesn't matter. IF you accept the tenets that are common to most Christian religions, then you must, logically, accept conclusions similar to Coulter's.

Most Christians I've run into actually do think diversity is a good thing, or at least something that is ok and not something that needs to be changed.

And that's because people aren't perfectly rational and don't always take their beliefs to their logical conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                Except she ignores virtually everything Christ actually taught. Camel through the eye of a needle. Widows mote. Mote and beam. Turn the other cheek. Love thine enemy. Good samaritan. Judge not lest ye be judged. Let he who is perfect cast the first stone.

You think Jesus wouldn't want everyone to be Christian?

Comment

Seems like many christians fundamentalists do.

Somehow it seems like the things written in the old testimony often are more important to christian fundamentalists than the things written in the new testimony.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                    I've thought USA was a country with free speech and free religion, and therefore you could think, say and believe in whatever you want, unless what you say is a direct call to illegal action.
                    And when someone says something ignorant, the rest of us are free to point it out.

Comment

You think Jesus wouldn't want everyone to be Christian?
                      I think Jesus wanted everyone to be good Jews actually...

Seriously though, I very much doubt Jesus wanted a Christian establishment such as we have now. He spoke against those who flaunted their religion and looked down on sinners remember...

Comment

That's irrelevant to what Coulter said.

Comment

That's irrelevant to what Coulter said.
                          It's very relevent. Coulter ignored the mote and beam. She should worry about perfecting herself if she really wants to be a good Christian.

Comment

so Christians should never spread the good news to others, because they aren't perfect yet? Converting other people to Christianity is a good work. Stating that ideally, everyone would be Christian, is absolutely true if you believe in Christ.

Comment

If you think it's okay for people to be Christian, you must accept that it's okay for her to claim what she did. If you think it was wrong of her to claim what she did, you must think it's wrong to be Christian, which makes you as intolerant as Coulter.

(There is one alternative, actually: you could think it's wrong for people to state the logical conclusion of their beliefs if said conclusion is not politically correct. If so, I'm just going to put you on ignore now.)

Comment

He spoke against those who flaunted their religion and looked down on sinners remember...
                                Jebus would absolutely me then.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X