No announcement yet.

EA buys Bioware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
      How is Bioware worth $860 million?
      the tears and suffering of gamers who like bioware isn't worth 860 million$?

Comment

Since the holding company which owned Bioware was itself bought by a venture capital firm a while back this shouldn't come as a surprise. The whole point of venture capital is to find a solid company but struggling company, make some quick changes to goose its market value, then sell it to someone else at a profit.
        Last edited by Dinner; October 13, 2007, 13:59.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think it's becoming more and more clear that MS is moving away from game content production, considering their close relationship with BioWare.

It's almost as if between Agathon and I, one of us was right about a larger business strategy in the Bungie situation rather than puerile "I don't like you!" moves out of repulsion. Who is surprised?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

But how could it be worth 860 million?
            Im not seeing the money here.
            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

so what's the fear of rpg fans?

I don't see any indication they would force bioware to change their focus of games. Their whole intention according to the article is to acquire companies to round out the genre of games they produce.

I see now reason that bioware would not continue to make rpg games. Of course the fear lies in how much pressure the company will put on them for content (ie dumbing down games for mass market etc).

Comment

So you pretty much answered your own question.

Comment

I like to remain optimistic

Comment

Look at what EA did to Westwood, etc.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      so what's the fear of rpg fans?

I don't see any indication they would force bioware to change their focus of games. Their whole intention according to the article is to acquire companies to round out the genre of games they produce.

I see now reason that bioware would not continue to make rpg games. Of course the fear lies in how much pressure the company will put on them for content (ie dumbing down games for mass market etc).
                      Every company EA buys it turns to crap.

EA forces its developers to rush games.

EA forces its developers to produce dumbed down games for the mass market.

These things, do not a good RPG mae.

Comment

Working...
                      X