Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't believe him

Man loses wedding ring twice in a year

DEERFIELD, Mass. (AP) — John Carney was dumping a load of brush at the local waste transfer station last week when he noticed a man’s gold wedding band partially buried in the sand.

Intrigued by the “Ed and Linda” and “June 9, 1996“ engravings inside the band, Carney decided to do some detective work.

With the help of local librarians, the 57-year-old South Deerfield man went through the Deerfield town report for 1996 and looked up weddings. He found a listing for Ed and Linda LaCoille on June 9 of that year.

Last week, he returned the ring to the LaCoilles’ house. Ed Lacoille had lost the ring more than six months ago.

“I never expected to find it again,” Linda LaCoille said. “It was amazing.”

It was the second time in just over a year the ring has been returned after being lost. Ed LaCoille said he lost the same band at a lake in Maine while on vacation. He left a note at the lake house for future renters.

A couple of weeks later, the ring was returned by mail.

LaCoille said he recently lost weight, which may explain why the ring keeps slipping off his finger. He’s keeping it in a box now until he can get it resized.

“The chance of it being found a third time is outrageous,” he said.

A likely excuse.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

At least he only drops the ring - not the wifey
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Hey, he lost it at the dump, not in the men's room of the local bar...
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
        Hey, he lost it at the dump, not in the men's room of the local bar...
        Naah, he lost it in the men's room, it ended up at the dump.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

My guess is the box it is in goes missing sometime soon.

He's trying to tell his wife something but she just isn't cluing in.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He's too wimp to just say the words, "We're done".
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sinbad used to do a bit on that....

Husband: I gotta go...
              Wife: Go then! Just go! No one's holding you! Here's your bags, all packed! Get out!
              Husband: I meant I gotta go to the store.
              Wife: Oh. Hee hee.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                Sinbad used to do a bit on that....

Husband: I gotta go...
                Wife: Go then! Just go! No one's holding you! Here's your bags, all packed! Get out!
                Husband: I meant I gotta go to the store.
                Wife: Oh. Hee hee.
                sounds more like personal experience
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                X