No announcement yet.

purpose of appendix found!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors have known the purpose of the appendix and tonsils for quite awhile now, this isn't anything terribly new...

Comment

Isn't killing excess people what cops are for?
      Only good cops, and only poor people
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Isn't killing excess people what cops are for?
        Hi Che!

Nice to have you back! Missed ya!

Don't worry... I'm reloading...
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

When I was an infant I developed double hernias. That was back when most God fearing people knew that it was good for kids to work. When they fixed my hernias they also removed my appendix just for grins. Back in those days anytime a surgeon entered the lower abdomen he usually removed the appendix just for good measure.

For quite some time immunologists have thought that the appendix might have a function in the development of the immune system. Lymphocytes are one of the 5 types of white cells in your blood stream. There are two main types of lymphocytes: T cells and B cells. T cells generally have a sort of regulatory function. They're called T cells because they're descended from a strain of progenitors formed in the Thymus. B cell lymphocytes develop into plasma cells, which produce antibodies. The name is derived from the intestinal bursa of birds. In birds B cells originate from a strain of cells which begin differentiation in the avian bursa. The human appendix forms from the gut at the same general location as the intestinal bursa of birds and it is rich in lymphocytes but it's apparent that in ammals the organ doesn't fulfill the same function.
          Last edited by Dr Strangelove; October 8, 2007, 18:26.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
            If your appendix is about to burst, it has to leave your body or you will die. That isn't an over reaction by any means.
            Death isn't a sure thing. Director/Actor Tom Laughlin has his burst during filming. Keep kept working for another couple of weeks until his film was "in the can," and then he went to the doctor.

Comment

That is interesting, from family members I have heard that merely the beginning symptoms of appendicitis were enough to flatten them.

Comment

I wonder if anyone has appendices, if that's the proper plural?
                B♭3

Comment

I still have mine. I have never had surgery. *knocks on wood*

Comment

Everyone knows teh appendix is for putting associated information that's not entirely relevant to teh main text.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                      That is interesting, from family members I have heard that merely the beginning symptoms of appendicitis were enough to flatten them.
                      I had mine taken out in Nov 04. I felt really bloated and gassy, but was long past the point when I should be. (read: I **** all that I could ****) My abdomen wasn't sore to the touch, I know that in some cases, when you touch that spot, the pain will be intense. I'm very slow to go to the dr, but I knew (mainly due to my wife) that this was something different. I went to the emergency room at 2am and was told to come back at 8 for the surgery. Laproscopy (sp?) 3 incisions that have healed and virtually no scarring. Love the morphine drip

Comment

Working...
                      X