To the USMC Museum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the USMC Museum!

Went to the USMC Museum today with my brother and Dad.

The Main Entrance!

Inside the Atrium there are 2 Corsairs, a Harrier, some Biplane, and two Dioramas. Elsewhere...

Me standing in front of a Ch-46 hull at the Khe Sanh exhibit. You walk through the Hull to get to the exhibit. The room is noticably warmer than the rest of the Vietnam era exhibit, and of course there are explosions and lights and what not.

You can even smell the Hydraulic Fluid. They've done something with the Hull. It vibrates and everything.

There is a similar Chosin room that is freakin' cold.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

*makes a note to visit it when he comes to the US*

Comment

The layout of the building looks interesting as well.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Sweet.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It looks like a cool museum. Without a doubt the best war museum I have ever seen was the South Korean National Military Museum in Seoul. It was built during South Korea's time under military dictatorship and it was built to a grandeur and lavishness which only a single minded military dictator could bring to such a museum. No one else would both spending that much money and manpower on such a thing. It is sometimes gaudy but it is certainly one of a kind.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Of course, I get the added pleasure of being involved aboard Camp Lejeune, The World's Largest Amphibious Training base.

Where is this Museum located, on or off Quantico?

I know from doing work, Quantico was on East side of I-95 and the FBI was on West Side.

That would be well worth the trip!!

I am taking it no problems taking pics?

Thanks

Gramps
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                Awesome!!!

Of course, I get the added pleasure of being involved aboard Camp Lejeune, The World's Largest Amphibious Training base.

Where is this Museum located, on or off Quantico?

I know from doing work, Quantico was on East side of I-95 and the FBI was on West Side.

That would be well worth the trip!!

I am taking it no problems taking pics?

Thanks

Gramps
                It's off base. I had no problems taking pictures in most instances, except of course in the art gallery and the flag that was raised over Mt. Suribachi.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

so THAT"S what that thing sticking up near I95 is. I thought it was some funky interfaith chapel on the base.

Like we have time for ANOTHER museum
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                  X