X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gothenburg rocks!!

NY Times loves Gothenburg

Lengthy travel report here:

A community of creatives is turning the country’s “second city,” Goteborg, into one of Europe’s coolest towns.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Later Johan and I made our way to the outskirts of the city. ''I lived in Stockholm for 10 years,'' he said in the cab, ''and I never found an underground club. That's all I went to in Goteborg.''
    He couldnt have looked very hard then.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I think I may have a visit to Stockholm next year, although I very much doubt I will have the chance to pop to Gothenburg...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Then you'll have to make a separate visit to Gothenburg on a later date. It's worth it

Comment

Goteborg in the summer is fantastic!
          Winter, on the other hand, isn't so good....unless you just camp-out in the underground clubs.

Comment

I can't stand the tone and focus of articles like that, is everything in the New Yorker in that vein or have I just stumbled on a pile of rubbish.
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
              Goteborg in the summer is fantastic!
              Winter, on the other hand, isn't so good....unless you just camp-out in the underground clubs.
              True, Gothenburg by winter is a trial of endurance. Freezing wet winds and slush

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
                I can't stand the tone and focus of articles like that, is everything in the New Yorker in that vein or have I just stumbled on a pile of rubbish.
                It's not news reporting for christ sake. There's no demands for it to fair and balanced. It's a (very) subjective travel report...

And it's the NY Times, not The New Yorker...

Comment

Working...
                X